Laboratory Supervisor for the Department of Chemistry instructional laboratories. This position supports advanced (200-level and up) courses in organic chemistry.
- Preparing materials
- Setting up and breaking down laboratory spaces for instruction
- Ordering and maintaining stockroom supplies
- Ensuring equipment and labware are kept in good working order
- Supervising and directing a staff of student assistants
- Managing waste in compliance with EH&S standards
- Coordinating with instructional faculty and course staff to provide a successful and safe instructional experience for undergraduate students.
Position requires the ability to track and plan ahead to meet the instructional objectives of both introductory and advanced courses, and collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure that students receive the appropriate supplies and support in a timely and efficient manner.
- B.A./B.S. in Chemistry (Master's preferred), with 3 years of related experience
- Familiarity with organic synthetic laboratory processes and procedures
- Thorough understanding of laboratory safety and best practices
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Excel as a tool to maintain inventories and track purchases
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions ). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Science Laboratory Manager Roxbury Community College, Roxbury Community College, United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 12-May-23 Location: Roxbury, Massachusetts Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 162314 Location: Roxbury, MA Category: Staff Posted On: Thu May 11 20...
Zero Waste Program Manager, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States, 29 days ago
Details Posted: 05-May-23 Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Facilities//Maintenance/Trades Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 22697 Information on MIT'...
Zero Waste Program Manager, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 5 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. ZERO WASTE PROGRAM MANAGER, Facilities-Grounds Services, to be responsible for the management of a...
Lab Safety Support Officer, Tufts University, United States, 29 days ago
Details Posted: 05-May-23 Location: Medford, Massachusetts Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 18895 Overview The Office of the Vice Provost of Research (OVPR) provides ...
Environmental Program Manager, Northeastern University, United States, about 23 hours ago
About the Opportunity The Environmental Program Manager (EPM) reports to the Associate Director of Environmental Compliance and Occupational Safety (ECOS) and is responsible for developing, implem...
Plumber/Sprinkler Fitter, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, about 19 hours ago
General Summary: UMass Boston is a major research university with highly specialized plumbing systems, including, de-ionized water, acid waste glass piping, acid neutralization systems, laboratory...