The Laboratory Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assist the Embryology and Andrology laboratory staff in accordance with the Procedures and Policies of Columbia University Fertility Center. This position performs clinical and clerical duties assigned by the Director of Embryology including daily maintenance of laboratory and managing cryopreserved specimen.
- To perform duties as assigned by the Embryology Laboratory Director
- To read and follow laboratory Standard Operation Procedure Manual
- To know and comply with regulatory guidelines for clinical laboratories
- To assist in keeping the laboratories in inspection ready state
- To assist in preparation of patient charts and data collection, recording and reporting of laboratory results; knowledge of the electronic medical records
- Maintaining laboratory inventory, ordering consumables and equipment
- Conforms to applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety guidelines
Responsible for training under direct supervision in:
- Sterile technique, labeling plastic-ware
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly and annual quality control on the laboratory
- Maintain the laboratory; clean, restock, clerical duties, light lifting
- Inventory control, ordering, restocking supplies, deliver and unpack supplies
- Witnessing procedures and maintaining chain of custody of samples
- Perform data entry of procedures into the EMR and maintain databases
- Setting up patient charts and organization/filing of ART worksheets and cryo logs
- Photocopying, filing, and allocating of PGT documentation for transport and cryo log.
- Embryo Cryopreservation label making
- Management of PGT requisitions
- Preparing and sending out PGT sample kits
- Related duties as assigned
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus two years of related experience
- Two years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with ability to interact appropriately with patients and clinical staff
- Experience in fertility laboratory
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Lab Specialist Yeshiva College, Yeshiva University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Summary: Responsible for laboratory-based tasks, which include sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing results in, chemistry. Provide all the required technical support to e...
Association Custodian Mexico, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 21 hours ago
This position will serve as the Custodian for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Oswego County and will provide custodial service in assigned areas of the Cornell Cooperative Extension b...
Controller, Bergen Community College, United States, about 1 hour ago
Controller Posting date: April 26, 2021 College Overview Bergen Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive community college. More students graduate with associate degrees and certificat...
Administrative Assistant Elmsford, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 2 days ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension of Westchester County Administrative Assistant provides a high level of clerical and administrative support for the overall association including program support ...
Maintenance And Property Supervisor Riverhead, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 7 days ago
This position will serve as the Maintenance and Property Supervisor for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Nassau County. The Maintenance and Property Supervisor will be responsible for ...
Laboratory Manager Littman Lab, HHMI, United States, about 18 hours ago
Primary Work Address: NYU Medical Center, New York, NY, 10016-6481 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and...