School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Lab Research Analyst II
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented scientist to fulfill a key role as a Lab Research Analyst II in the Tomaras laboratory. This position will assist in the coordination of project activities within the Tomaras laboratory, including the development and execution of qualified/validated assays to assess immune responses to HIV vaccine candidates in human clinical trials and coordination of data analyses and reporting to investigators.
- Develop plans for research projects and design experiments to interrogate the immune and cellular response to HIV vaccine candidates.
- Analyze and interpret collected immune response data and prepare reports of high profile data to investigators with a rapid turnaround time for clinical trials.
- Develop and implement new qualified/validated assays to assess immune responses to vaccine candidates. Lead efforts to write Standard Operating Procedures and qualification/validation documentation. Assays may include binding antibody multiplex assay and other binding antibody assays.
- Collaborate with Duke and external investigators, research personnel and staff within the CHSI to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities. Advise on technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
- Train and instruct new laboratory personnel and trainees in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of a projects with responsibility for results in terms of methods, laboratory resources, and costs required; coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in the laboratory.
- Plan and conduct meetings with laboratory personnel to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Train laboratory technicians and analysts on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice procedures, and equipment specific requirements.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.
Work requires four years of research experience. A related master's OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Oem Clinical Faculty, Employee Occupational Health & Wellness, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:DukeUniv -EOHW -CLIFAC [#18558] Position Title: Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27710, United States [map ] Subject Area: Occupational and Environmental Health Appl Deadline:...
Assistant Professor Of The Practice Of Medical Education, Medical Education Administration, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -MedEdAdmin -APOPMEA [#18482, 24606] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27710, United States [map ] Subject Area: Med...
Non Regular Rank Faculty, Fuqua School of Business, United States, 3 days ago
Position ID:Duke -Fuqua -NRRFACULTY [#18541] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Management ...
Instructor, Classical Studies, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -Classics -INSTRUCTOR [#18457] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Classics...
Assistant Research Professor, Biomedical Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -ARPGERSBACH4721 [#18431] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biomedica...
Adjunct Professor, Fin Tech, Pratt School of Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -FacultyResearchMento -ADPF [#18419] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27701, United States [map ] Subject Area: Eng...