This Position is Grant Funded
School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Lab Research Analyst II
Duke Human Vaccine Institute
The Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI) continues to lead cutting-edge vaccine research against infectious diseases that impact global health. Basic science discoveries made using a variety of human and pathogen-derived proteins, designed, expressed and purified by a collaborative DHVI team have contributed to the identification of vaccine and therapeutic candidates currently being produced in Good Manufacturing Practice facilities for early phase clinical trials. Our lab will be studying the germinal center and antibody-forming responses following immunization and provide feedback to the design and selection of candidate vaccine immunogens.
- Performs flow cytometry-based single B cell isolation and culture.
- B cell enrichment from human, macaque and mouse samples.
- Design and execute flow cytometry data analysis using FlowJo and Prism.
- Performs ELISA and bead-based multiplexed immunoassays.
- Performs antibody repertoire studies following FACS-based isolation of B cells.
- PCR isolation of Ab genes from single sorted or bulk cultured B cells.
- Large scale recombinant antibody production and purification.
- NGS sequence library construction and data analysis.
- Understand and comply with all safety standards and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all laboratory staff.
- Archive experiments in a manner that is scientifically justifiable, reliable and understandable to others.
- Keep lab equipment, chemicals reagents and supplies in excellent order.
- Track work and compliantly order materials and reagents associated with numerous projects under multiple grants.
- Review primary data with supervisor weekly.
- Collaborate with other staff and perform other duties as requested by the Principal Investigator or senior lab staff.
- Supervise, train and instruct residents, interns, students or lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related science field.
- Work requires four years of research experience. A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two-year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience.
- Cell line and primary cell culture experience.
- Flow cytometer operation, surface/intracellular marker staining and flow data analysis with FlowJo software.
- ELISA or bead-based multiplex immunoassays.
- Nucleic acid extraction, RT-PCR, PCR, Real-time qPCR, and agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Mouse handling, tracking, sexing, anesthesia, blood withdraw, injection (tail vein
intravenous, intraperitoneal, footpad and subcutaneous), and dissection.
- Must be team oriented and able to work in a highly collaborative and interactive work environment to complete complex tasks.
- Must be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities and have ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Research Associate, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Med Admin-Cores-420117 Career Area Research Professionals Posting Open Date 08/28/2023 Application Deadline 09/10/2023 Open Until Filled No Posit...
Research Specialist, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 13 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Marsico Lung Inst - CF Center - 426401 Career Area Research Professionals Posting Open Date 09/08/2023 Application Deadline 09/15/2023 Position T...
Research Technician (Ancalade), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Genetics - 423501 Career Area Research Professionals Posting Open Date 09/25/2023 Application Deadline 10/04/2023 Position Type Temporary Staff (...
Research Technician, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Cell Biology and Physiology-422001 Career Area Research Professionals Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 09/25/2023 Appli...
Open Rank, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 21 days ago
Details Posted: 04-Sep-23 Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Medical - Clinical Internal Number: 239292 Vacancy ID: FAC0004181 Position Summary/Descrip...
Social Work Practitioner, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 21 days ago
Details Posted: 05-Sep-23 Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina Salary: Open Internal Number: 264490 Vacancy ID: P018086 Position Summary/Description: The social work practitioner will act as a pr...