Overview of Lab Coordinator
Note: Revised degree requirements
The Mechanical & Civil Engineering department is seeking a Lab Coordinator. The Lab Coordinator will Supervise operations of the Mechanical and Civil Engineering labs. Responsible for the maintenance of all Mechanical Engineering equipment and any other new labs developed in Mechanical and Civil Engineering Department. The Lab Coordinator will also suggest new lab policies according to need and enforces rules and regulations. Maintain inventory of parts and equipment and order necessary items and supplies including computer software to keep all mechanical engineering laboratories functioning properly. Initiate new projects and make recommendations for updating laboratories. Assist faculty in projects which sometimes include design, fabrication and testing, especially senior design projects.
- $20.00 - $24.00/Hour
- Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Duties and Responsibilities of Lab Coordinator
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Mechanical and Civil Engineering equipment in all ME, CE and MSE labs
- Assist staff in identifying malfunctioning equipment, diagnosing problems, and repairing and calibrating
- Suggest new lab policies according to need
- Conduct training in ME / CE labs and revises lab manuals
- Maintain inventory of parts and equipment and orders necessary items and supplies including computer software to keep all mechanical and civil engineering laboratories functioning properly
- Initiate new projects and make recommendations for updating laboratories, developing new labs and ordering and/or designing, fabricating and testing new lab equipment
- Install new equipment and assists students with senior design projects
- All other duties as assigned
Experience of Lab Coordinator
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Experience maintaining, repairing, operating and calibrating all mechanical and civil engineering machinery and labs
- Experience using and updating lab manuals
- Experience operating machinery, preferably CNC machines
- Familiar with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
Benefits of Lab Coordinator
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more
- Ten paid vacation days first year of employment
- Ten paid holidays
- University paid and matching contribution to retirement
- University contribution to Health Savings Account –
- Plus, a chance to earn more through participating in University Wellness Initiatives
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition remission for you, your spouse and dependent children at any Purdue campus
For more information on our excellent benefit package, please visit: https://www.pnw.edu/human-resources/benefits/
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. We offer two campuses serving approximately 8,800 undergraduate and graduate students. At PNW, we value academic excellence, support growth, and celebrate diversity.
PNW sits between Chicago’s skyscrapers and Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. You can have all the perks of a world-class city just a short drive away or enjoy the natural beauty of the Indiana Dunes National Park and Lake Michigan just 15 miles away.
Education of Lab Coordinator
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Sciences required
Core Competencies of Lab Coordinator
- Machining, preferably CNC; ME & Ce labs
- Certified in machining
- Ability to operate, repair, and maintain ME & CE machines
Pnw Dean, College Of Nursing, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 23 hours ago
Dean, College of Nursing Purdue University Northwest (PNW) invites nominations and applications for a collaborative, enterprising, and visionary leader in nursing education who will serve as the n...
Pnw Lecturer, Computer Information Technology, Purdue University Northwest, United States, 18 days ago
Purdue University Northwest invites applications to fill one non-tenure-track teaching position at the rank of Lecturer in the Department of Computer Information Technology in the College of Techn...
Financial Aid Representative, Office Of Financial Aid, Purdue University Northwest, United States, 7 days ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance, and more Ten paid vacation days first year of employment Ten paid holidays University paid and matching ...
Program Coordinator, Office Of Partnerships And Outreach, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 23 hours ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Ten paid vacation days first year of employment Ten paid holidays University paid and matching c...
Sr. Research Analyst, The University of Chicago, United States, 17 days ago
Department BSD PED - Section Administrator: Hematology Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation - Applebaum Lab About the Department Dr. Mark Applebaum is a member of the section of Hematology/ Onco...
Academic & Student Success Advisor, Academic Center For Excellence, Purdue University Northwest, United States, 17 days ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’ vacation your 2nd year plus rollover Uni...