Job ID: 44428
High school diploma or GED, able to lift 50 pounds, push or pull loaded carts, and must be insurable by the university. Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment physical. Grade NB. Starting Pay $14.75/hrPosition Description
$1,000 sign-on/retention bonus eligible!
This position is a training position for providing husbandry and cagewash operations for the humane care of laboratory animals. This position offers an outstanding career opportunity with the opportunity for advancement.
- Trained to perform daily health observations on a variety of species, be able to recognize health issues, and report accurate descriptions to veterinary staff.
- Trained to provide a variety of nutritional requirements and water intake sources to sustain many different research models. This is vital to growth, reproduction, and maintenance of animal health.
- Trained to provide safe and humane handling of a variety of animal species to ensure the safety of the animal as well as the technician.
- Responsible for providing animals with a clean and enriched living environment on a daily basis.
- Change cages using aseptic technique in rodent housing areas. Clean large animal pens/cages. Cage conditions are assessed daily and may require additional attention due to the research study.
- Trained to work with animals treated with biohazards and/or chemical hazards must be handled according to safety guidelines.
- Meet varying enrichment requirements for all species and special consideration for socialization needs.
- Trained to assist veterinary staff with medical treatments.
- Gain basic knowledge of rodent colony management and report regulatory inconsistencies via the Vivarium Advisory Report.
- Trained to utilize appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Trained to properly assemble and sanitize/sterilize a variety of cage systems.
- Learn basic operations of tunnel washers, rack washers, and autoclaves.
- Trained to perform mechanical wash and sterilization of equipment, validation of sanitization and sterilization is required, identify equipment failure and appropriate response.
- Training on automatic watering system maintenance.
- Work weekends and holidays as assigned.
Benefits - The University of Louisville has an exceptional benefits package; to learn more about our benefits please visit hereEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.
Animal Care Technician I, University of Arkansas, United States, about 1 hour ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Laboratory Assistant/Cage Wash, University of Alberta, Canada, about 14 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location - North camp...
Junior Animal Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 25 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has an end date of September 30th, 2023. Location Work primarily takes place at North Campus Edmonton. Working f...
Animal Care Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 4 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of 4 years and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff...
Veterinarian/Laboratory Animal Health & Welfare Consultant (0.6 Fte) , Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Print this page Veterinarian/Laboratory Animal Health & Welfare Consultant (0.6 FTE) Veterinarian/Laboratory Animal Health & Welfare Consultant (0.6 FTE) Job description Are you interested in faci...
Animal Care Technician Ii, Emory University, United States, 19 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...