- Cleans and sanitizes physical space and equipment
- Moves product into and out from production as required following HACCP procedures
- Assists with food preparation duties
- Cleans and sanitizes potwashing/dish area, walls, floors and counters
- Fills, empties, operates and performs regular maintenance on pot washing machine or manually washes pots as required
- Monitors and records temperatures and sanitizer concentration in manual wash sink and machines to insure safe operation
- Returns all cleaned equipment and utensils to point of service
- Launders, folds and distributes uniforms, towels, tablecloths and napkins
- Maintains clean and organized laundry area
- Operates washing machines and dryers according to instructions
- Keeps laundry equipment clean and in good order
- Leaves workstation clean and re-stocked
- Recycles products per policy and procedure.
- Accurately fills out sanitation and temperature logs and food service records as required. Informs person in charge when corrective action is needed
- Follows sanitation standards in compliance with all regulatory agencies including Harvard Environmental Health and Safety regulations
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse set of staff, management team and guests
- Complies with State of Massachusetts and Dining Services’ “Food Employee Illness Policy”.
- Represents HUDS to students, faculty, staff and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Works to meet the mission and core values of Harvard University Dining Services with enthusiasm and a spirit of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have proficiency with the English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be neat in appearance and comply with proper dress code as designated by HUDS.
- Some proficiency with kitchen tools and equipment without restrictions.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong multi-tasking skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse set of staff, management and guests.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced diverse environment.
- Must be customer service oriented.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of six months work experience.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Relevant knife skills.
- Previous experience working in a University environment preferred.
- Must be able to routinely lift 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Continuous: lifting, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, walking, handling, bending, and push/pull.
- Occasional: climbing, squatting, and sitting.
Emergency Status Designation: Essential
Note: This job description may vary or change based on the needs of the business.
Hospitality & Dining Services
Department Office Location
USA - MA - Cambridge
230003 Ktchn/Chf Hlpr/PtWsr/Lndry/Com
Dining Services/ Annenberg
21 - Hotel, Rest Emp Int Loc 26
Criminal, Drug Testing, Employment, Identity
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-8:30pm
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Animal Care Technician I, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 6 days ago
Animal Care Technician I Med-Neurobiology - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23006669) Provides animal care to laboratory animals, including feeding, watering, enrichment, health observations and basic ...
Food Service Aide, University of Alberta, Canada, 10 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position is located in Camrose, AB This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty...
Cashier/Checker/Clerk, Brown University, United States, 5 days ago
Details Posted: 22-Sep-23 Location: Nationwide Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Staff/Administrative Internal Number: REQ190061 Job Description: POSITION QUALIFI...
Sous Chef – Paid Holidays, Benefits, And Limited Weekends, HHMI, United States, about 9 hours ago
Primary Work Address: 4000 Jones Bridge Road, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. HHMI is focused on supporting and moving science forward ...
Animal Care Technician I, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Animal Care Technician I DLAR-Animal Husbandry - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23006222) Provides animal care to laboratory animals, including feeding, watering, enrichment, health observations and b...
Food Preparation Technician (Kids First Springdale, Ar), University of Arkansas, United States, about 2 hours ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...