Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Jr. Accountant in the Billing and Cash team supports the Manager with the various tasks required for all interim billing, accounts receivable, aging schedules, cash collection and cash applications.
This involves, but is not limited to, the following:
- Prepares interim invoices through Banner billing functionality and manual processes (average 100 invoice per month).
- Submits interim invoices via email.
- Transcribes invoice details onto tracker which is used for aging schedule.
- Works with Award Set-Up team to ensure Billing Events are updated.
- Analyzes the unbilled monthly to ensure timely billing is taking place.
- Analyzes the aging schedule and takes necessary collection action.
- Provides backup support for receiving, coding and logging payments for sponsored funds.
- Provides ad hoc backup support to the Post Award Team.
- Help PI’s manage their sponsored programs and assist with any questions.
- Special Projects as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent major or equivalent experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Organizing and planning skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and Professionalism
- Strong MS excel skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Ability to meet timelines
- Strong Familiarity with Sponsored Research Financial Regulations, such as; OMB Uniform Guidance and NIH Grants Policy Statement.
- Familiarity with Banner or other software system used by Higher Education Institutions a plus
- MS Office Applications & Internet Usage, Project/Outlook.
Cancer Epidemiologist Albert Einstein College Of Medicine, Dept. Of Epidemiology & Population Health, University of Washington, United States, about 21 hours ago
Description: A staff position for a doctoral-level epidemiologist with experience in cancer epidemiology is available in the Department of Epidemiology and Population Health at the Albert Einstein...
Finance & Grants Coordinator, Columbia University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Finance & Grants Coordinator Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 096926 Department 7902- CDM Dean's Office Location Medical Center Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit I...
Financial Coordinator, Columbia University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Financial Coordinator Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 096873 Department 7519- MED Medicine Location Medical Center Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If temporary,...
Student Account Services Administrator, Adelphi University, United States, 2 days ago
Student Account Services Administrator ABOUT ADELPHI: Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transform...
Payroll And Accounts Coordinator Plattsburgh, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 3 days ago
This position will serve as the Payroll and Accounts Coordinator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Clinton County and will provide coordination and administrative direction and mana...
Research Administrator, Columbia University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Research Administrator Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 096984 Department 5260- ENG Centers Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If temporary, in...