The Network Analyst will monitor and maintain ATSU network systems. Plan and execute ATSU network hardware and software upgrades. Keep inventory of hardware, software, and support contracts. Provide network-related escalation support to ATSU Help Desk and act as backup support contact for Network Engineer. Research and recommend technical solutions to meet ATSU strategic business and academic requirements. Collaborate with Network Engineer to build out and expand network capacity as required. Work with third-party engineers to troubleshoot and support ATSU network infrastructures. Audit the security of various types of network devices and configurations such as network switches, routers, and wireless systems. Contribute to ITS projects. Document network functions using network diagrams and video. Work with the team to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs.
• Proactively monitor over 300 network systems across +15 different geographical regions and address issues as required
• Maintain, verify backups, optimize, and monitor all aspects of the Cisco wireless infrastructure including Converged Access architectures and Meraki cloud services
• Stay informed with developments in switching and wireless technologies by reviewing release notes and best practices on a weekly basis
• Audit ATSU routing, switching and wireless system configurations for best practice and security compliance
• Implement validated best practices within switching architecture
• Enforce validated switch configuration security best practices
• Maintain inventory of network infrastructure equipment
• Inventory support contracts and report coverage holes or inefficiencies
• Streamline and manage Guest network access services
• Serve as primary escalation point for all wireless issues
• Serve as primary escalation point for Annex building wireless links
• Perform software and hardware upgrades on a broad range of network platforms and operating systems
• Upgrade data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases
• Manage, maintain, upgrade and plan capacity for network access layer switches
• Manage and maintain high capacity multi-terabit packet capture solution for each campus
• Collaborate with Network Engineer to design and expand network capacity
• Communicate with support engineers from Cisco Systems and other manufacturers
• Respond to requests for network adds/moves/changes
• Develop and implement Dynamic Host Control Protocol configurations
• Implement RADIUS authentication security configurations
Network Engineer/Senior Network Engineer, University of Nevada, Reno, United States, 5 days ago
Position Information Position Information Job Title Network Engineer/Senior Network Engineer Department Information Technology Department Web Address http://www.unr.edu/it Full Time Equivalent 100...
Network Support Engineer I, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 14 days ago
Network Support Engineer I( Job Number: 0175343) Description Job Purpose: Under direct supervision of the Network Support Management staff, serve on a technical team involved in the installation, ...
Network Administrator, University of Maryland, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: The CATT Laboratory is a vibrant software technology organization leading the industry in transportation information analysis, visualization, and user interfa...
Systems Developer/Engineer, The Ohio State University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information For security purposes, this system automatically logs you off when it senses no activity for 60 minutes. Please click either the Next button or you can go to different pages ...
Network Engineer Enterprise Systems Management, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Operations Location: 1 Guildhall Square Salary: £29,799 to £36,613 Per annum Full Time Permanent Closing Date: Friday 01 September 2017 Reference: 908817JF This is an opportunity for a technically...
Programmer/Analyst Iv, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 11 hours ago
Requisition Number: 26529 Job Title: PROGRAMMER/ANALYST IV Working Title: Systems Engineer Salary: $6,334 - $12,516 monthly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3200-COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY SERVICE...