This is a temporary position as an Office Assistant for the Jayhawk Debate Institute Office. This position will support the Camps that run from the below timeframes:
2-week camp runs: June 23 - July 6, 2019
3-week camp runs: June 23 - July 13, 2019
100% - Office Assistant
- Handle daily office activities including but not limited to: answering phone calls, coordinating student check-outs from parents with campers, organizing files for distribution to labs, and management of relations between housing and staff.
- Drive campers (as needed) to the student health center.
- Pick up mail on a daily basis and distribute to the campers from Hashinger Hall.
- Judge debates during the camp tournament(s).
- Participate in all camp activities.
- The successful applicant must be able to listen to and follow directions
- This position runs from June 23 - July 13, 2019
The Jayhawk Debate Institute will occur this year on the following dates:
2 week camp: June 23 - July 6, 2019
3 week camp: June 23 - July 13, 2019
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a cover letter and a resume or CV. Apply online and submit a letter describing your qualifications for this position. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application review begins on May 10, 2019. Please apply by the review date for first consideration.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
2-week camp: June 23 - July 6, 2019
3-week camp: June 23 - July 13, 2019
Full time, 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.