JANITOR - TEMPORARY (6:00AM TO 2:30PM)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
A Janitor - Temporary is responsible for performing all traditional janitorial work in and around the buildings.
The rate of pay for this role is $9.00/hour.
- Dust all ledges, counter tops, files, office equipment, desk and walls.
- Dust mop all hard surfaces.
- Spot cleaning or complete washing of all walls, files, desk tops, office glass, partitions, doors, chairs, blackboards, mirrors, waste baskets and garbage cans, office machines and ash trays.
- Thorough cleaning of all bathroom fixtures and partitions.
- Polishing furniture.
- Metal polishing.
- Hosing and sweeping of sidewalks.
- Trash removal.
- Dismantling and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Operation of vacuum cleaners.
- Cleaning of Venetian blinds (washing & vacuuming).
- Policing of facility and grounds (inside& outside).
- Washing of exterior walls.
- Scraping of gum and other objects form hard surfaces and carpet.
- Spot cleaning furniture or carpet, but not more than 2 hours per day.
- Setting up and /or take down of chairs and tables.
- Wet mopping or spot mopping public corridors, washrooms, classrooms and any hard surfaces.
- Operation of compactors and /or balers.
- Maintenance of outside ground (raking, grass cutting, watering, garbage, etc.).
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
- Preference will be given to current temporary janitors at City Colleges of Chicago.
- Must be able to perform all duties listed above.
- The ideal candidate will be available to work 6:00am to 2:30pm, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Landscape Services Worker, The University of Chicago, United States, 24 days ago
Department Facilities Landscape Services Shop About the Department Facilities Services supports the mission of the University of Chicago through efforts to maintain and enhance the University ...
Director, Facilities, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Description: Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty...
Utility Plant Operator, The University of Chicago, United States, 12 days ago
Department Facilities Central Utility Plant Shop About the Department Facilities Services supports the mission of the University of Chicago through efforts to maintain and enhance the Universi...
Undergraduate Teaching Lab Support, The University of Chicago, United States, 4 days ago
Department PSD Chemistry: Administrative Staff About the Department One of the first departments founded at the University of Chicago was the Department of Chemistry. Since its inception, the Dep...
Equipment Grounds Crew, Loyola University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Posting Details Position Title Equipment Grounds Crew Job Category Staff Office/Department Facilities Location Evergreen Main Campus Staff Job Type Full-time If Temporary or Visiting, Estimated En...
Associate Director, Business Services And Building Access, The University of Chicago, United States, 6 days ago
Department Booth Facilities About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing...