WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Janitorial Services Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks a Janitor to perform all traditional janitorial work in and around the buildings.
• Dust all ledges, counter tops, files, office equipment, desks, and walls.
• Dust mop all hard surfaces.
• Spot cleaning or complete washing of all walls, files, desk tops, office glass, partitions, doors, chairs, blackboards, mirrors, waste baskets and garbage cans, office machines, and ash trays.
• Thorough cleaning of all bathroom fixtures and partitions.
• Polishing furniture.
• Metal polishing.
• Hosing and sweeping of sidewalks.
• Trash removal.
• Dismantling and cleaning of light fixtures.
• Operation of vacuum cleaners.
• Cleaning of Venetian blinds (washing & vacuuming).
• Policing of facility and grounds (inside & outside).
• Washing of exterior walls.
• Scraping of gum and other objects from hard surfaces and carpets.
• Spot cleaning furniture or carpet, but not more than two (2) hours per day.
• Set up and/or take down chairs and tables.
• Wet mopping or spot mopping public corridors, washrooms, classrooms, and any hard surfaces.
• Operation of compactors and/or balers.
• Maintenance of outside ground (raking, grass cutting, watering, garbage, etc.).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
• Preference will be given to current temporary janitors at City Colleges of Chicago.
• Must be able to perform all duties listed above.
Monday through Friday: 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Note: Work schedule is subject to change based upon facility hours of operation. Advance notice will be communicated in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Environmental Services Technician Ii, Loyola University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Details Position Title Environmental Services Technician II Job Category Staff Office/Department Facilities Location Evergreen Main Campus Staff Job Type Full-time If Temporary or Visiting...
Evs Project Relief Specialist (Mon Fri Dayshift), Loyola University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Details Position Title EVS Project Relief Specialist (Mon-Fri Dayshift) Job Category Staff Office/Department Facilities Location Evergreen Main Campus Staff Job Type Full-time If Temporary...
Robotic And Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery #Sur076 , The University of Chicago, United States, 17 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Robotic and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery #SUR076 Section of Cardiac Surgery, Department of Surgery Position Type: Other Academic Appointee Chicago, IL...
Utility Plant Operator, The University of Chicago, United States, 24 days ago
Department Facilities Central Utility Plant Shop About the Department Facilities Services supports the mission of the University of Chicago through efforts to maintain and enhance the Universi...
Undergraduate Teaching Lab Support, The University of Chicago, United States, 16 days ago
Department PSD Chemistry: Administrative Staff About the Department One of the first departments founded at the University of Chicago was the Department of Chemistry. Since its inception, the Dep...
Academic Urologist #Sur048(A) , The University of Chicago, United States, 21 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Academic Urologist #SUR048(a) Department of Surgery, Biological Sciences Division Position Type: Faculty Chicago, IL May 25, 2021 Description The University...