The HR/Financials Manager supervises and provides technical leadership and project management for a team of developers focused on application design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of the KU HCM (PeopleSoft) and Financial (Oracle Cloud) environments and related applications and technologies. This position is given considerable latitude and independence to organize and manage a diverse set of projects, personnel, and activities in a robust and evolving technical environment.
30% - Provides collaborative technical direction and project management for multiple development projects, applications, and services. This includes
- Managing on-going maintenance and support of existing systems
- Collecting, understanding, and document business functional requirements
- Planning and supervising activities and resources throughout the development life cycle
- Reviewing the work by the project team to ensure quality of deliverables and that they comply with relevant standards, integration and testing. Builds a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Collaborating and coordinating across IT departments to develop and execute the technology components required to successfully deliver projects.
- Evaluating products, tools, and other resources in support of initiatives and staff efficiency.
- Assist management in prioritizing projects, including new projects and enhancements.
25% - Participates as an active developer and maintains applications independently or as a member of a small team. Reviews work/code generated by the project team to ensure quality of the deliverables and that they meet relevant standards and architecture including building a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer
20% - Manages a team of developers who support the Financial and Human Resources departments. Duties include performance agreements and evaluations, hiring procedures, training and necessary tools, approving time records, and disciplinary actions if necessary. Other supervisory responsibilities include:
- Sets goals and objectives for direct reports
- Delegates projects and tasks to team members
- Provides an environment and culture that encourages innovation and productivity
- Emphasizes ongoing development of staff technical and professional skills
15% - Facilitates planning, analysis, and design sessions to develop project plans and estimates. Communicates frequently with the Department Manager and Program Director to facilitate planning and prioritization efforts.
5% - Coordinates system changes adhering to and promoting standard practices and protocols (Change Management).
5% - Other related duties as assigned.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of:
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The application deadline has been extended to collect a larger pool of qualified applicants. To be considered, please apply no later than April 17, 2019.
Advertised Salary Range
$80,000 - $90,000
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).