The IT Support Technician Senior position is responsible for troubleshooting customer technical issues and for providing and documenting solutions to Tier 1 technical support staff. The role of the IT Support Technician Senior is to ensure 95% of the technical issues are resolved within the Technology Service Center. Therefore, this position is expected to prioritize support requests while documenting the needs and support provided, and to actively resolve client requests by interpreting and troubleshooting complex issues.
This position will also serve as the direct liaison between the Technology Support Services location and members of IT Workstation Technology, IT Enterprise Systems, IT Enterprise Platforms, IT Client Consulting, IT Customer Service Center and other Tier II support staff. This position reports directly to the Technology Service Center Manager, with a secondary report to the IT Workstation Technology Manager.
Finally, this position will work with customers and technical support staff not only to provide timely resolution and direction for their immediate technology concerns, but also to address and plan for their future needs.
20% - Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures
15% - Document problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps and solutions implemented in the KU IT Knowledgebase
10% - Evaluate and implement new equipment and technologies to meet customer needs
10% - Provide in-depth support of applications and systems that are unique to their environment
10% - Manage Desktop Management and Asset management platform for the support units
10% - Escalate issues, as appropriate, to the respective groups for higher level technical support
10% - Assist with planning for and communications about technology services and upgrades
10% - Work with Information Technology Security Office (ITSO) and ITWS Security Engineer on workstation & network security
5% - Manage or assist with special projects, act as a backup for Tier I support staff when needed, and other duties as assigned.
This position will be a hybrid of on-site work and telework as deemed by supervisor.
1. High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) and a minimum of three years of experience providing customer service in an academic or corporate environment
2. Minimum three years professional experience providing workstation/desktop support in an academic or corporate environment.
3. Minimum two years professional experience in each of the following areas:
a) planning and implementing technical services
c) deploying desktop imaging solutions (such as SCCM, Zen Works, Ghost)
d) experience supporting Windows, Macintosh and / or Linux Operating Systems.
4. Professional Experience with administrating application updates, deployment & change management
5. Professional experience with IP based Firewall Management and Configuration
6. Excellent written communications skills, as evidenced by application materials.
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology-related field.
2. Experience with Ticket Management Systems (such as ServiceNow, Remedy)
3. Experience providing technical support at the University of Kansas.
4. At least one year professional experience in the following areas:
a) Experience in Linux Workstation and Windows Server support
b) Experience in Print management & deployment
c) Experience with Windows security principles including; file rights management, Active Directory, and Group Policy Rights Management
5. Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
6. Scripting (bash, vb, powershell, etc).
7. Experience with Apple MDM Systems (JAMF Pro, MacOS Server, Profile Manager, etc).
8. Experience managing scientific research workstations and/or instrumentation.
9. Experience using Remote Desktop Support (such as LogMeIn, VNC, RDP, Bomgar.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of:
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Sunday, December 13th, 2020.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, about 3 hours ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...