Campus: Downtown Phoenix
Project Manager IT
Works closely and collaboratively with IT Director, business analysts, programmers, product owners, and stakeholders to plan, direct, organize, and execute against project requirements; identifies and acquires necessary resources and coordinates efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes in accordance with sponsoring source's expectations.
CHS Information Technology
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$61,750 - $85,000 per year; DOE
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages a project team through complete task definitions and work requirement identification and assignments.
- Works closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders to define project scope, strategy, budget, and outcomes; identifies critical resource expertise and targets appropriate internal and/or external sources to ensure optimal outcome(s).
- Establishes and continually monitors/manages project expectations with team; assigns tasks and identifies issues for resolution to ensure optimal team effectiveness.
- Prepares and maintains all project status reports and schedules; tracks milestones/deliverables, critical paths and dependencies; re-sets expectations as needed in consideration of project progress/outcomes.
- Responds to all inquiries regarding project status; prepares and responds to all regulatory reporting/filings to ensure compliance.
- Manages, coaches, and supervises all project team members both internal and contracted to ensure optimal outcomes; builds, develops, and maintains relationships vital to project success.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders, leadership, and other related staff to define and identify all required project infrastructure including, but not limited to: space, build/reconfiguration of facilities, equipment, technology and infrastructure to ensure timely availability for successful launch and ongoing project operations.
- Prepares all post-project reports, budget allocations and summaries/filings to ensure timely dissemination of information to all interested parties.
- Takes action to mitigate conflict; escalates serious project issues.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information in a professional manner to the business and technical personnel.
- Contributes in development and implementation of program and portfolio management, project management methods tools and techniques, and performance.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with multiple stakeholders within project scope.
- Reviews and ensures that project specifications comply with existing codes and applicable University, state and local requirements.
- Defines project objectives and scope to determine time frame, available funding, resources, procedures, and various phases of project life cycle.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience; 1 of which are in project management, or any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience developing strategies and technical specifications for projects.
- Ability to manage complex technology projects.
- Ability to clarify roles and responsibilities to ensure understanding of expectations; takes action to mitigate conflict; escalates serious project issues.
- Ability to communicate relevant project information in a professional manner to the business and technical personnel.
- Knowledge of available project management applications and associated project specific technology requirements.
- Knowledge of organizational development and practices to identify opportunities for change and convey the need for change.
- Knowledge of development and implementation of program and portfolio management, project management methods tools and techniques, and performance.
- Experience in maintaining a collaborative working relationships with multiple stakeholders within project scope.
- Experience in ensuring that project specifications comply with existing codes and applicable University, state and local requirements.
- Knowledge of project purpose and scope in decision making and risk assessment, understanding impact on outcomes/success.
- Ability to define tasks, responsibilities and outcomes; documents activities and tracks progress.
- Experience in developing written and verbal progress reports.
- Preferred certifications: CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management): Equivalent of 1 year of project management experience. PMP (Project Management Professional): Equivalent of 2 years of project management experience. PgMP (Program Management Professional): Equivalent of 4 years of project management experience.
- Use basic math
- Deliver presentations
- Supervise staff
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Use office equipment, i.e. printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones, calculator
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Use of software and computer equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse) for extended periods of time
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze and report data/results of tests conducted
The College of Health Solutions (CHS) is dedicated to translating scientific advances into practical interventions to improve health outcomes through education, research and service. We equip students with the knowledge and skills to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. CHS research programs encompass basic, discovery science, clinical trials, intervention science and measurement of health outcomes. CHS takes an interdisciplinary approach to address the complex systems that underpin health problems. The college is highly collaborative, transparent and team-oriented with an organizational structure that includes translational teams, affinity networks and academic programs to improve the health of people and communities.
The current training programs include behavioral health, biomedical diagnostics, biomedical informatics, exercise science, health promotion, health sciences, kinesiology, medical studies, nutrition, population health, science of health care delivery, and speech and hearing science. Our programs are offered at ASU's Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, Polytechnic, West and Lake Havasu campuses, as well as on Mayo Clinic's campus in north Phoenix.
For more information about ASU and the College of Health Solutions, visit https://www.asu.edu/about/ and https://chs.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Buildings And Research Infrastructure Manager, McGill University, Canada, about 13 hours ago
Hiring Unit: Faculty of Engineering - Dean's Office Position Summary: The incumbent will manage the research infrastructure operations and renovations in the Faculty of Engineering, as well as the...
Researcher In Training, Institut de Recerca Biomèdica de Lleida, Fundació Dr. Pifarré (IRBLleida), Spain, 12 days ago
The person hired will join the Health Care Research Group (GRECS) and will work in a line of work funded at national and European level. - Management and analysis of quantitative and qualitative d...
Software Developer (Keep+ Associate), Dms, University of Essex, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Software Developer (KEEP+ Associate), DMS Department of Mathematical Sciences THE PROJECT The University of Essex in partnership with Fisk Group offers an exciting opportunity to a graduate with t...
Modelisation Of The Fire Facades, CNRS UMR6614 CORIA, Sao Tome and Principe, 29 days ago
Job offer at the CORIA laboratory Within the framework of a collaborative project funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR FRENETICS), a contractual R&D job is proposed on the modelling ...
Eu Projects Officer Determined Contract (2 Years), EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOLOGY, Belgium, 12 days ago
The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) is a volunteer-led, not-for-profit, medical society. It is an independent, non-governmental organisation. The ESC’s members and decision-makers are healthc...
Manager, Its Prgm Management, City of Hope, Andorra, 17 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other lif...