Job TitleIT Professional I
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentTees Information Technology (DB)
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Information Technology Professional I position is designed to meet the Information Technology needs of a unit where multifaceted expertise is required. This position includes the general responsibilities listed below plus two or more of the specialty areas of systems, service, applications, and or database management. Routinely performs unit-level support in multiple technical fields. Typical duties: Confers with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters; Researches problems and recommends solutions; Provides resource estimates and progress reports; Ensures that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards; Participates in training and professional development sessions; Provides on-call support on nights and weekends as needed; Ensures security of customer data and applications in all phases of production; Ensures compliance with all applicable policies, rules, and procedures; and performs other related duties as required.
- Support of faculty, staff, and researchers (including graduate and undergraduate researchers) in the departmental missions (Teaching/Research/Outreach). Acts in a Help Desk role to assist in departmental missions, providing support and training for computer resources. Installs, upgrades, and configures workstation and software. Provides technical guidance and support to junior employees on software installation procedures; Investigates, recommends and assists customers with workstation software purchases. Troubleshoots and repairs hardware and software for workstations and also configuration problems.
- Management and maintenance of departmental access computer laboratories and computer equipped classrooms. Including support of software applications. This is expected to oil include continuous updating of hardware, operating systems and software to keep pace with changes in technology. Aids in resolving hardware and software problems with vendor technical support. Assists with installation and maintenance of both critical and non-critical software. Documents all changes to systems software and develops entries for systems support database. Implements software and hardware upgrades. Learns procedures to maintain systems software. Assists with the installation and configuration of network file servers and hardware. Monitors and maintains system security. Assists in developing specifications for server hardware purchases.
- Management and maintenance of network resources, including: network access authorization, e-mail, file, print, http/ftp, Wins, software license control and certificate servers (Windows/Linux/). Management of date backup and antivirus programs for all departmental computers (faculty/staff/laboratories/classrooms). This is expected to include continuous updating of hardware, operating systems and software to keep pace with changes in technology. Resolves problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and production outputs to identify causes, solutions, and / or make appropriate referrals. Distributes and / or installs custom application software and provides training to the customer or to other technical staff.
- Evaluation, specifications and procurement of departmental computer resources, including both hardware and software. This is expected to include benefit/cost analysis. Monitors the performance of database systems.
- Management of student workers assigned to work in the above areas.
- Software license documentation and control, internal auditing. Continuous updating of technical skills, including professional certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience in IT.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Windows server platforms.
- Experience with Virtual Desktops and servers.
- Experience in working with computer hardware/software support, along with experience in customer support, custom software and database monitoring.
Registrations, Certifications, and Licenses:
- Linux Certification and/or VMware certification.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
End User Support Specialist I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title End User Support Specialist I Agency Texas A&M University Department Division Of Student Affairs It Support Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job T...
Systems Administrator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Systems Administrator I Agency Texas A&M University Department Academic Affairs Recruiting Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Client Technologies Analyst I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Client Technologies Analyst I Agency Texas A&M University Department Dean Of College Of Architecture Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...
Program Coordinator Crm, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Program Coordinator - CRM Agency Texas A&M University Department Academic Affairs Recruiting Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Network Engineer Iv, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Network Engineer IV Agency Texas A&M University System Offices Department Director, RELLIS Campus Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Senior Research Computing Security Engineer, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Senior Research Computing Security Engineer Agency Texas A&M University Department Vice Pres For Research Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Typ...