The IT Engineer will work within the IT Workstation Technologies group that is responsible for identifying, developing, implementing and supporting workstation, lab, and print management technology. This includes implementing standard configurations and enterprise systems that support KU’s 12,000+ computers and 600+ print devices. This role will also research, implement and promote endpoint client solutions to fulfill the University’s needs such as application virtualization, desktop virtualization and cloud technologies. This group also manages enterprise license servers and services.
The IT Workstation Technologies team is responsible for the daily operations and deployment of technology in KU IT Public Computing areas across the University of Kansas. This position will also work with customers and technical support staff as needed to provide timely resolution and direction for their immediate technology concerns.
30% Responsible for day-to-day administration of core workstation management systems. Design and maintain workstation management systems and applications used by the University of Kansas.
20% Act as Tier 3 Support for Workstation Management Applications and assist Tier 1 & 2 communities in making design decisions and solving issues for their units.
10% Document problems, diagnostics, next steps and solutions implemented in the KU IT Knowledgebase
10% Lead implementation efforts for new workstation management technologies, acting as a liaison to stakeholders from diverse technical and administrative backgrounds.
10% Facilitate the development and use of core workstation management technologies and methodologies with campus workstation support technicians and end users across the University.
10% Configure and maintain enterprise license systems and applications used by the University of Kansas.
5% Research new and developing workstation management technologies and ensure readiness of adoption for the University of Kansas
5% Other duties as assigned
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to provision and deprovision user accounts and access in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to manage, provision, and deprovision IT assets in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
This position will be a hybrid of telework and on-site work as determined by supervisor.
1. Meet one of the following educational and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED and five years of related experience
- Associate Degree in a related field and 3 years relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of professional, relevant experience
2. At least two years of work experience in workstation management systems administration, with at least 1 year in 2 of the following technologies.
- System Center Configuration Manager
- Print Management Systems
- Desktop or Application Virtualization
- Centralized Mac Management
- Enterprise License Server Management
3. At least two years of work experience administrating networked Windows Server operating systems including Group Policy Management in a large academic or corporate IT environment.
4. Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages.
5. Experience in designing, innovating, and implementing workstation management technologies based on work history.
6. Work history that required excellent interpersonal, instructional, and leadership skills in an environment of technological growth and development.
7. Demonstrated experience in supporting hundreds of managed systems using automated utilities and configuration management methodologies.
8. Excellent written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
1. At least three years of experience in management of industry standard size (300+ workstation) support site using automated and self-supported tools.
2. Demonstrated ability in the automated management of multiple OS platforms.
3. Demonstrated ability to design and provide training to workstation support technicians.
4. Demonstrated ability to facilitate training for and provide documentation to training professionals.
5. Experience with integration and support of workstation management utilities such as System Center Operations Manager, Automated Inventory systems, IP Address management platforms, etc.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of:
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered, please apply no later than February 1st, 2021.
Advertised Salary Range
$55,000 - $61,500
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, 19 days ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...