The IT Analyst Sr. is responsible for overseeing the campus access and transaction system, CS Gold, which is a major student-focused service at the University of Kansas, including the supervision of the day-to-day management staff, performing daily system administration, and involvement in the strategic planning, development, and maintenance. This position manages the IT Application Analyst staff who directly support these applications, providing technical guidance and assistance, a daily system workload plus backup support as needed to balance workloads and absences. This position also works closely with other departments within KU IT as well as with the campus stakeholders, including the leadership and functional staff of the KU Card Center, Student Housing, the Public Safety Office, Facilities Planning and Development, and other university departments, by attending meetings to discuss, review, and strategically plan for upgrades and enhancements to successfully meet campus needs. This position is also responsible for leading technical service meetings to coordinate and communicate with primary support staffing and stakeholders, as well as serving a primary role in the Campus Access and Transaction Services (CATS) Steering Committee meetings.
The IT Analyst Sr. serves as a main point of contact for this service by facilitating communication and building relationships with the stakeholders and the IT support staff. This position is responsible for understanding technology needs and business processes from the KU Card stakeholder perspective, and effectively communicating those needs to the appropriate IT support staff. This position is the primary coordinator for new reader installations, working closely with KU Procurement throughout the bidding process, communicating with the customers, ordering equipment from CBORD, and coordinating projects with KU support staff and third party installation vendors.
As direct supervisor of IT Analyst support staff, this position assigns workloads, provides guidance, approves time and absences, and provides performance evaluations and feedback. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Application Support at KU Information Technology.
50% Leadership and Planning:
- Participates in a variety of planning committees and meetings, including weekly project status meetings, monthly Technical Services support meetings and Campus Access and Transaction Services Steering Committee meetings, monthly KU eCommerce meetings, and others as needed.
- Facilitate communication and maintain relationships between stakeholders, functional staff and KU IT to provide leadership, recommendations, and strategy related to service and support.
- Ascertain customer needs through attendance of regular meetings and discussions with leadership and functional staff.
- Monitor IT changes, outages and upgrades to identify impact on campus community and communicate necessary information,
- Collaborates with the appropriate service leadership on creating and revising policies/ procedures and contracts/agreements.
- Contributes the technical expertise in the completion of multiple annual reports.
- Act as liaison with service vendor, installation vendor, housing staff, KU Card staff, Facilities Planning and Development staff, Public Safety staff, Unions/Dining staff, KUIT and others when upgrading or implementing new functionality to each system.
- Act as the functional project manager when implementing or upgrading new systems and/or applications, providing detailed Work Breakdown Structure.
- Primary coordinator for new reader installations, working with KU Procurement throughout the bidding process, communicating with the customers, creating scope of work documents, ordering equipment from CBORD, and coordinating projects with KU support staff and third party installation vendors.
- Collaborates and consults with the Public Safety Office on access-related needs for university departments and select vendors and contractors for installation and maintenance , delivery carriers, visitors, and other non-KU personnel.
- Liaison between university departmental CS Gold Users.
- Reviews annual vendor contracts for accuracy and approves added services and integration charges.
- Assists in compiling documentation, training manuals and online tutorials as needed, providing training sessions by request.
- Performs research and development, evaluates new system application and database tools.
20% Provide direct supervision and oversee of IT Application Analyst staff supporting services for the campus access and transaction service system. Manager human resources activities including time reporting and approval, performance evaluations, hiring procedures, training, setting goals, and disciplinary actions if necessary. Other supervisory responsibilities include:
- Delegate projects and work tasks to direct reports
- Provide an environment that encourages innovation, efficiency and productivity
- Emphasize ongoing professional development for staff
- Provide training as needed
- 20% Provide daily system administration and subject matter expertise of the campus access and transaction service systems.
- Business Manager and subject matter expert (SME) campus access and transaction service/CS Gold system software.
- Responsible for the review and approval of all change requests for maintenance, enhancements, integrations, and upgrades to the KU Card system and advises as appropriate for their approval/deny/postponement.
- Collaborates with Housing staff to create patron flags and assist in the definition and maintenance of 500-600 patron groups, building access schedules and calendars which assist in controlling access.
- Performs daily system checks and monitors system reports/logs.
- Authorizes remote access to the system when vendor support is needed.
- Configures system locations, programs card readers and controllers, and sets them up in the system.
- Schedules and performs annual system cleanup of patron records, inactive groups and schedules, etc.
- Investigates new procedures and processes and recommends system enhancements/modifications
5% Reporting and Metrics Tracking.
- Develop and provide reports as requested by KU Card, Campus Operations, KU IT Security Office, and others.
- Develop metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Business Process Improvements (BPI) to encourage performance improvement, effectiveness and efficiency.
5% Other duties as assigned.
This position will be a hybrid of telework and on-site work as determined by supervisor.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of:
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered, please apply no later than January 31st, 2021.
Advertised Salary Range
$62,000 - $71,150
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, 18 days ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...