|Working Title||Inventory/Equipment Assistant|
|Position Location||Fort Collins, CO 80523|
|Classification Title||Laboratory Support I|
|Position Type||State Classified|
|Salary||$2,500 monthly + FULL BENEFIT OFFERINGS|
Colorado State University (CSU) and the State of Colorado are committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time classified employees in the following University benefit areas. https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-sc.pdf .
|State Classified Hourly||No|
|Description of Work Unit||
At the VTH, we exist to educate the next generation of veterinarians by providing exceptional veterinary care and service to the community every day.
The purpose of freight and Central Stores is to provide 24-hour, state-of-the-art storage and delivery of all surgical and medical supplies, instruments, and equipment used for the treatment and care of animals at the VTH. The Central Stores unit instructs professional and paraprofessional Veterinary Medical students, interns, residents, Veterinary Technicians and Front Range Community College Veterinary Technician Students in a clinical setting with emphasis on the use and care of instruments and equipment used in the treatment of sick animals.
This position receives and delivers all of the medical supplies, equipment, instruments, and freight for the VTH which is used for the instruction of professional and paraprofessional Veterinary Medical students. This position will also provide service and care to the public and professional research environment dealing with the care and treatment of the animals.
One year of full-time experience handling, shipping, receiving, storing, inventory and/or distribution of goods.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
Essential Job Duties
|Job Duty Category||Receiving|
|Percentage Of Time||10|
|Job Duty Category||Inventory|
• Prioritize surgical, medical, teaching, and research needs of all units in the hospital and fill their orders as needed. Inform and provide units with alternative supply sources for unique or hard-to-find items. Remove these items from inventory using the correct procedures for said task.
• Assemble accurate inventory records by allocating medical and surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment to the proper charge accounts. Enter all hospital charges and client bills and hospital area charge accounts by means of the computer. Contact purchasing when inventory levels reach the reorder point established by purchasing.
|Percentage Of Time||30|
|Job Duty Category||Sterilization|
• Check-in, inspect, clean, assemble, wrap, sterilize and store surgical and medical supplies, instruments, and equipment used at the VTH for the instruction of professional and para-professional Veterinary Medical students in the care and treatment of the animals.
• Instruct Front Range Community College students identification, care, and sterility of surgical instruments. Instruct students on the use of autoclaves, ultrasonic cleaners, and various forms of sterilization
|Percentage Of Time||45|
|Job Duty Category||Laundry|
• Work in Central Supply laundry when needed performing all tasks associated with this job. These include loading and unloading washers and dryers, folding and wrapping surgical gowns and drapes for sterilization, folding all non-surgical laundry, and placing on appropriate department shelves
|Percentage Of Time||10|
|Job Duty Category||Teaching|
|Percentage Of Time||5|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
* Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
* Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience. Please note: Part-time experience will be calculated to determine the full-time equivalent.
* The Work Experience is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
* If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
* An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
* An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
* Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
* Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
Appointment to the vacancy or vacancies represented by this announcement is expected to be from the eligible list created. However, at the discretion of the appointing authority, the position(s) may be filled by another method of appointment for a valid articulated business reason.
* The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s) and interview(s) which require candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
* All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com, OR the Employment Consultant facilitating the search process. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
* Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Colorado State University
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Colorado State University is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources – Employment Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
* Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
* All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
|Conditions of Employment||Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License, Essential Services Designation - Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.|
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, 201 Administration Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-8004, (970) 491-5312.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
|Background Check Policy Statement||
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
|Employment and Appeal Rights||
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.