Under general supervision, provides academic and administrative support to internship programs
in counseling and counseling psychology.
CISA-Cnslng & Cnslng Psch
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$47,000 - $60,000 per year; DOE
Under general supervision, provides academic and administrative support and coordinates
internship placements for students in counseling and counseling psychology.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Collect internship applications and provide pre-screening support.
- Maintain record of students’ preparedness and readiness for internship.
- Provide information of sites, contacts, and application weblinks to students who have been pre-approved and support students on the internship search process (e.g., web searches).
- Maintain consistent communication with students about their internship sites and enrollment tasks.
- Support with the creation or renewal of Students Place Agreements (SPA) between ASU and the internship site.
- Process course enrollment of students who have been approved.
- Maintain record of past Students Place Agreements (SPA) and their validity/expiration.
- Provide support for credentialing bodies (e.g., AzBBHE).
- Provide logistical support faculty who are overseeing the internship with documentation.
- Coordinates website revisions and other print/electronic communication materials with CISA creative services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Experience in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Experience in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Evidence of effective communication.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular climate-controlled office subject to extended periods of sitting.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer, phone, and additional office equipment (printer, fax, etc.)
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Communicate to perform essential duties.
- Work both independently or within a complex structured team.
- Work from general instructions on standard job duties and specific directions/instructions on new assignments.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Counseling and Counseling Psychology focuses on the education of counselors and psychologists to become culturally competent to work with a diverse clientele in a variety of mental health settings. CCP is home to an APA-accredited doctoral program in counseling psychology, a master’s program in clinical mental health counseling approved by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners, and undergraduate majors in psychology (PSY) and counseling and applied psychological science (CAP). The CAP Bachelor of Science is one of the first in the nation at a large, public institution. Our undergraduate programs are located at the Polytechnic campus and courses may be offered via ASU Online. Currently, we have about 700 undergraduate students. CCP faculty is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice. The faculty believes that an essential part of graduate training is valuing individuals from diverse backgrounds with regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, culture, language,religion, spirituality, social class, ability, and age.
College Statement ASU's College of Integrative Sciences and Arts values diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are home to innovative employees who are guided by educational access, student success, applied learning, and interdisciplinary inquiry. CISA has over 7,300 students in all levels of degree programs and nearly 250 faculty members. We understand that there are many paths to achieving a university education, and we build undergraduate and graduate degree programs and pathways that are flexible and relevant for a rapidly changing world. Please visit our website for additional information: https://cisa.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU (College of Integrative Sciences and Arts) will not be a sponsor for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
2023 Integrated Fire And Recreation (Ifr) Internship Candidates, Student Conservation Association, United States, 24 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyStudent Conservation AssociationLocationMultipleJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$600/wkStart Date01/22/2023Last...
Research Professional I (Part Time), The University of Arizona, United States, about 12 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Research Professional I (Part Time) United States | req13427 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Research Professional I (Part Time) Posting Number req13427 Department G...
Senior Manager, New Business Development (Dc Or Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 16 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) United States | req13185 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) Post...
Associate Director Of Training, Psy D Program (Core Faculty), Adler University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Adler University invites applications for a full-time Associate Director of Training (ADOT) and core faculty position in the doctoral psychology (PsyD) program of the Chicago Campus. Adler Univers...
Health Education And Promotion Professional Ii (Pinal County, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 18 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Health Education and Promotion Professional II (Pinal County, AZ) Pinal County, AZ, United States | req13162 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Health Education and Pro...
Psychologist, Campus Life, Emory University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...