Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The University of North Georgia is current accepting applications for an International Student Services Coordinator. This is a multi-campus position.The International Student and Scholar Advisor (ISSA) is responsible for assisting international students and scholars before, during, and after their stay at the university, including educating them on non-immigrant status compliance.. The ISSA must provide a high level of customer service to international students and scholars to provide opportunity for expansion of the international population. The ISSA will interface with departments on the university, state, and federal level regarding international student and scholar issues and concerns to ensure UNG maintain compliance with federal regulations. Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Maintain institutional compliance with federal regulations governing the enrollment of international student and scholars within the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) and an Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO); Provide cultural and social support and immigration advising for the F and J programs on all campuses.
- Ensure timely communications with prospective and newly admitted students to create a seamless transition to UNG. Must maintain excellent relationship with all campus partners including the Business Office, Enrollment Management, Registrar¿s Office and others.
- Collaborate with university and community partners to create and implement educational programming including international student and scholar orientations as well as on-going social and cultural engagement opportunities.
- Manage technical and content aspects of Terra Dotta; Propose and assist with the development, maintenance, and compliance of international student and scholar policy on campus; Assist with monitoring communications with various departments and with international students and scholars to ensure timely and accurate information sharing;
- Assist the Center for Global Engagement with projects as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of SEVIS; Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and other computer software; Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; Excellent communication skills; Predisposition to work as a team member in a dynamic and flexible environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One (1) year of experience working in higher education required, preferably within an international office.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time.
- Position of Trust + Education
Accounting Assistant, Senior, Georgia State University, United States, 9 days ago
Accounting Assistant, Senior - 23001680 Description : The Office of Revenue, Receivable & Cashiering Services (RRCS) at Georgia State University is responsible for providing accurate and timely re...
Academic Success Coach, University of San Francisco, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title: Academic Success Coach Job Summary: Academic Success Coaches (ASCs) in the Center for Academic and Student Achievement (CASA) represent the key resource in the University’s academic coa...
Registered Nurse, The Ohio State University, United States, 1 day ago
Screen reader users may encounter difficulty with this site. For assistance with applying, please contact email@example.com . If you have questions while submitting an application, ...
Extra Help Instructor Emt, University of Arkansas, United States, about 16 hours ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Student Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title: Student Assistant Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Program Assistant of International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS), the Student Assistant is responsible for providing excepti...
Medical Assistant/Ambulatory/Ukhc, University of Kentucky, United States, 17 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Medical Assistant/Ambulatory/UKHC Requisition Number RE42704 Working Title Medical Assistant/Ambulatory Department Name M3030:Cancer Clinic Services Work ...