AIR is currently seeking an International Contracts Associate to join our Contracts, Grants and Procurement team. The International Contract Associate supports International Contract Administrators (CAs) during the contract lifecycle. Over time, the successful candidate will:
- Develop skills to successfully negotiate contract and grant terms and conditions based on applicable regulations, internal policies and procedures, and commercial contracting guidelines.
- Actively gain experience with all contract and agreement types, including cost plus, fixed price, T&M and working knowledge of Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) and Personal Conflict of Interest (PCI) terms and plans.
- Develop experience with reviewing terms, conditions, and statements of work for areas of risk and risk mitigation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Expand knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) and other US and non-US government acquisition requirements.
The Contracts Associate will have the opportunity to grow into an International Contracts Administrator (CA).
This position can be remote or located out of any of the following AIR locations: Crystal City, Virginia; Rockville, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois; Waltham, Massachusetts; Chapel Hill, North Carolina; or Sacramento, California.
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world. We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
AIR’s commitment to diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations, and work environment. At AIR, we define diversity broadly, considering everyone’s unique life and community experiences. We believe that embracing diverse perspectives, abilities/disabilities, racial/ethnic and cultural backgrounds, styles, ages, genders, gender identities and expressions, education backgrounds, and life stories drives innovation and employee engagement. Learn more about AIR's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and hear from our staff by clicking here .
The responsibilities for the position include:
- Support the initial award review and negotiation as well as contract modifications through coordination with internal and external clients.
- Ensure that contractual files are complete and documentation complies with AIR policies and procedures, contract requirements, and client regulations.
- Coordinate, develop, and produce a wide range of contractual documentation including but not limited to client and internal forms, memos, justifications, approval requests, purchase orders, waivers and modifications and monitor the contractual approval processes as needed.
- Assist CAs with data entry into the Contract Management Tracker (CMT) and Subcontract Management Tracker (SMT).
- Gather, track, and report information pertaining to contract management and administration. Draft and manage project-related trackers and other documentation.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree achieved or in process.
- 3 years’ experience in problem-solving environment showing increased responsibilities.
- Possesses basic understanding of contracts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Effective organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Works effectively in teams and independently.
- Collaborative, flexible and able to balance the need for structure with the efficiency and effectiveness of action-oriented, non-bureaucratic and non-hierarchical approaches.
- Strong desire to support humanitarian global projects.
AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment. AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIR
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position. Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
#LI-AS1 #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Contract Sourcing Manager, The University of Chicago, United States, about 13 hours ago
Department F&A FIN - Administrative and Research Procurement About the Department Procurement Services strives to assimilate knowledge and experience, both within and outside of the University, on...
Assistant Director, Clinical Trials Financial Group, The University of Chicago, United States, about 14 hours ago
Department BSD MED - Clinical Trials Financial Group About the Department The Clinical Trial Financial Group (CTFG) is responsible for budget development and negotiation of clinical trials, as wel...
Contract Specialist, The University of Chicago, United States, about 14 hours ago
Department Provost URA: Research Contracting About the Department University Research Administration has the responsibility to review and provide institutional endorsement for all proposals to fed...
Senior Financial Analyst, The University of Chicago, United States, 19 days ago
Department Provost Budget and Strategic Initiatives About the Department Under oversight of the Investment Committee of the Board of Trustees, the Office of Investments is responsible for managing...
Grants Manager, The University of Chicago, United States, about 13 hours ago
Department HUM Staff: Div Admin PA - FGS Financial and Grant Services About the Department The Division of the Humanities is comprised of twenty-one departments, committees, and interdisciplinary ...
Human Resources Strategy And Operations Manager, The University of Chicago, United States, 1 day ago
Department F&A ITS - HR and Finance About the Department The University of Chicago Office of IT Services collaborates with campus partners to support the mission of the University of Chicago throu...