Basic Function: Reporting to the Director of International Admissions, the International Admissions Counselor actively recruits and enrolls well-matched students to Biola University. The position serves the following populations: Undergraduate International Freshmen, Undergraduate International Transfers, and Pathway English Language (ALP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the objectives of his/her assigned territory through timely, accurate and effective communication with prospective students and other constituents.
· Conducts presentations to introduce or strengthen knowledge about Biola University’s programs, admissions processes, scholarships, and immigration requirements.
· Engages in the creation & updating of marketing and communication materials for recruitment of international students in the US and abroad.
· Serves as the enrollment liaison for the International Student Aid Grant by working closely with the Financial Aid Office in managing the fund disbursement documentation and proper allocation of funds.
· Collaborates with the University Welcome Center to create a hospitable, informative and memorable visit experience for international students and families.
· Utilizes the admissions CRM effectively to initiate, track and maintain meaningful contact with prospective students in assigned territory. In addition, uses the CRM to track funnel activities and provides reports to the Director as needed.
· Conducts in-person meetings, online information sessions, emails, phone calls, and uses region specific social communication platforms.
· Supports the evaluation of educational credentials for applicants educated outside the United States, confirms English proficiency levels, and gives admissions recommendations accordingly.
· Reviews the immigration documents of students in assigned territory, and coordinates the issuance of I-20s in a timely manner. (DSO training will be offered during the first year of hire)
· Collaborates with the GSPD Office in supporting pre-arrival and orientation communication for incoming students.
· Supports the vision of University Enrollment through collaborative work with all admissions counselors, and teams across the campus.
· Assists in completion of projects related to international admissions as assigned by the Director of International Admissions.
· Maintains a lifestyle consistent with sound Christian principles and those set forth by the institution.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· A minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of work experience in university admissions or related field that involves outcome based services.
· High level of English language proficiency demonstrated by clear oral and written skills.
· Experience in international admissions, recruitment, foreign credential evaluation, or other related field.
· Familiarity with international secondary and post-secondary education systems.
· Proven record of excellent customer service skills and effective interpersonal and communication skill
· Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
· Demonstrated computer skills to include word processing and database software programs and familiarity with software such as Office, CRM, Google Suite, Excel, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to work with others as part of a team
· Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to take initiative and work independently.
· Must be able to travel internationally and domestically.
· Ability to work productively within multiple time zones, among multiple countries, and be available for occasional nights, weekends, and rigors of overseas travel schedules.
· Experience living, working and/or studying outside the U.S.
· Foreign language(s)
· Familiarity with social media platforms
· Experience traveling and representing an institution to external constituents
Admissions Counselor, International (Ssp Ii), The California State University, United States, 10 days ago
Description: THE DEPARTMENT The Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning is responsible for the admissions activities for all domestic and non-resident undergraduate and graduate students. The O...
National Admissions Advisor Trident At Aiu, American Intercontinental University, United States, about 20 hours ago
National Admissions Advisor - Trident at AIU( Job Number: 43595) Primary Location United States-California-Cypress Description #HEJ The National Admissions Advisor, entry-point position, will inte...
National Admissions Advisor Trident At Aiu, Career Education Corporation, United States, about 20 hours ago
#HEJ The National Admissions Advisor, entry-point position, will interface with prospective students in support of their decision to attend/select school. In addition to communicating the philoso...
Student Innovation Idea Lab Coordinator (Asc I), The California State University, United States, 4 days ago
Description: Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary Collective Bargaining Unit: California State University Employees Union – Unit 7 Classification Salary Range: $2,846 - $5,148 per month An...
Senior Budget Analyst, The California State University, United States, 41 minutes ago
Description: ype of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary Collective Bargaining Unit: California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) - Unit 9 Classification Salary Range: $4,611 - $8,899 per m...
Associate Vice President, Academic Innovation (Mpp Iii), The California State University, United States, 9 days ago
Description: DEPARTMENT: The Office for Academic Innovation is an integral part of the Office of Student Success, Equity, and Innovation (OSSEI). The OSSEI plays a central role in leading and supp...