Environmental Studies Program
Provides leadership and oversight for all program activities, as well as fulfilling teaching, research, and service responsibilities as a faculty member in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Program Director (0.5 FTE)
1. Provides oversight and leadership for all unit activities, at both the Lawrence and Edwards campuses.
2. Administers the undergraduate and graduate academic programs of the unit.
3. Reviews and modifies, in collaboration with the established committee structure, the long-range planning for the program.
4. Oversees all internal budgetary, administrative, and personnel matters.
5. Supervises and reviews the unit’s faculty and professional, academic, and University support staff.
6. Seeks enhancement of all unit resources by actively seeking external funding.
7. Develops and enhances research and educational relationships between the unit and other units across the College and University, as well as with agencies outside the University, governmental, public, or private.
8. Develops long-term planning for the program with attention to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion among faculty, students, and staff.
9. Executes College and University policy in the unit effectively.
10. Represents the unit and reports to CLAS, and represents the unit to other University entities.
Faculty Member (0.5 FTE)
1. Teaches courses in his/her field of specialty.
2. Advises students, including student mentoring and providing directed readings.
3. Supervises graduate teaching assistants, as assigned.
4. Serves on committees that supervise and evaluate student progress.
1. Engages in scholarly research, including publishing appropriate peer-reviewed books and articles and presenting papers at professional conferences on a regular basis.
1. Provides general service to one’s home unit, the College, the University, the state, and the profession.
***INTERNAL TO KU EMPLOYEES ONLY***
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experience in letter of application and (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in c.v.
1. Tenured appointment with the rank of Full Professor or Associate Professor in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
2. Ability to serve as an academic leader and team builder, developing and enhancing research and educational relationships among faculty and between the unit and its affiliated units.
3. Teaching experience at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and commitment to teaching excellence.
4. Strong record of scholarly achievement, as evidenced by an established program of research with the promise of continued productivity.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and to manage interpersonal relations.
1. Rank of Full Professor.
2. Appointment in the Environmental Studies Program.
3. Demonstrated excellence in administrative and management skills.
4. Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary and international studies in teaching, research, and service.
5. Experience with KU and KUCR administrative procedures.
6. Experience in seeking outside funding and managing multiple projects.
Additional Candidate Instruction
***INTERNAL TO KU EMPLOYEES ONLY***
Complete application package consists of a letter of application that include descriptions of work experience and education experiences, a curriculum vitae that includes a record of accomplishments and productivity, and a list of 3 professional references.
Applications deadline is December 12, 2020. Please apply by this date for consideration.
In addition to the materials above, learning about each applicant's contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU's mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following question at the time of application. The response must be within 4,000 characters or less.
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
Conditions of Employment
Limited Term, Serve at the Pleasure
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Limited Term End Date
Advertised Salary Range
Director compensation consists of an administrative supplement added to the academic-year (9-month) salary and additional summer salary compensation; the supplement and summer salary is removed when the Director steps down from the administrative role
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Research Program Manager , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 1 day ago
Title: Research Program Manager Division: Pediatrics Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX Salary Range: $68,125 - $89,344 FLSA Status: ...
Program Coordinator Ii , University of Houston, United States, about 16 hours ago
Program Coordinator II - (STA006828) Organization : H0524 Ed Leadership & Policy Studies Description Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an ongoing program at the Univ...
Executive Director, Compliance , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 1 day ago
Title: Executive Director, Compliance Division: Compliance and Audit Services Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX Salary Range: Commens...
Assistant Professor, Spine Surgery Orthopedic Surgery, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 23 hours ago
McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center, invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), non-tenure clinica...
Monitoring, Evaluation, And Learning (Mel) Manager, American Institutes for Research, United States, about 21 hours ago
Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and us...
Temporary Non Exempt Staff, Assistant Program Coordinator, University of Houston - Downtown, United States, about 9 hours ago
Temporary Non-Exempt Staff, Assistant Program Coordinator - (STA006854) Temporary Non-Exempt Staff, Assistant Program Coordinators Department Name:D0015 Finance & Mgmt Info Systems Description The...