Want to be at the cutting edge of research and innovation on a vibrant, dynamic campus shaping the future of education? Consider joining Boston University Information Services & Technology (IS&T). Our mission is to provide best-in-class technology and data services to support outstanding education, groundbreaking research, effective administration, and a connected, secure community to Boston University, one of the largest private employers in Boston with almost 10,000 faculty and staff BU.
Our IS&T Applications team is looking for an Integration Developer III to join the team! The Integration Developer III is responsible for the design, development, release and support of application and data integrations related to various services at Boston University. These integrations include data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL), application interfaces, data warehouse/data mart population, ODS population, data synchronization, provisioning, migration, profiling and cleansing. The Integration Programmer Analyst II is an intermediate professional role that may work on multiple projects as a developer or as the subject matter expert. This individual will participate projects that require data and/or applications integrations, therefore knowledge of integration concepts and techniques are required. This position will also be responsible for operational support and maintenance of various integrations currently enabling university processes and systems. This individual may also coach and mentor more junior technical staff.
Essential functions of the position are:
- Participation on project teams to design, develop, test and release integrations pursuant to business, architectural and/or service requirements.
- Design, development, test and release activity should be in alignment with industry and BU best practices, guidelines and standards.
- Participation in operational support and maintenance of integration services. This includes consulting on or working incidents, service requests, defects, enhancements, upgrades, patches and service improvement initiatives.
- Investing time learning/enhancing skills related to enterprise integration by active participation in technology users groups and professional organizations and formal training or degree programs.
This is a limited-term position until December 2025.
We're seeking applicants with diverse skills and experience to serve the BU community. In return, IS&T invests in our staff and their personal and professional growth. We promote staff learning including lunch and learn sessions, an extensive library of online courses, and opportunities to engage with peers at NERCOMP and EDUCAUSE events. Our Fun Advisory Board (FAB) arranges a number of events throughout the year; recent events included a night a Lucky Strikes Boston, karaoke night, BU hockey game, a night at Symphony Hall, pancake breakfast, and a department holiday lunch. BU offers an excellent benefits package, generous vacation policy and competitive salaries.
- Bachelor's Degree required or Master's Degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-8 years of IT work experience or the equivalent with demonstrated knowledge in data and application integration.
- Knowledge of data and application integration/middleware tools such as SnapLogic, Informatica, Webmethods, Tibco, SSIS, etc. from both an administrative and development perspective
- Knowledge of EAI, SOA, ESB, Web Services, SOAP, REST, Messaging Services, API Management and other related integration concepts
- Intermediate database skills and experience manipulating databases and database objects; specifically SQL and RDBMSs such as Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, AWS RDS
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and Operational Data Stores (ODS)
- Experience with data analysis and profiling
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting integration/ETL solutions using wide variety of data sources and targets
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing fundamentals; specifically iPaaS, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, is desirable
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Providers; specifically Amazon Web Services and MicroSoft Azure, is desirable
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages and technologies such as Java, C#, .NET, XML, and JSON
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum
- Experience working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following software packages: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners within the University to elicit the information necessary for project technical design.
- Deadline driven with little oversight
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions ). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Database Analyst/Programmer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, 1 day ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. DATABASE ANALYST/PROGRAMMER, Office of the Provost-Institutional Research (IR) , to join a team of...
Research Specialist Aha, School Of Medicine, Anatomy & Neurobiology (23500589470505), Boston University, United States, 29 days ago
Details Posted: 10-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4170491 RESEARCH SPECIALIST AHA, Sch...
Database Analyst, Institutional Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States, about 7 hours ago
Details Posted: 07-Jun-23 Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 22824 Information on MIT's CO...
Manager, Data Sciences, Bedac (23500544250530), Boston University, United States, 7 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Jun-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 4233272 MANAGER, DATA SCIENCES, BEDAC (2350054...
Admissions Systems Operations Manager, Goldman School Of Dental Medicine, Administration (23500400440523), Boston University, United States, 14 days ago
Details Posted: 25-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Admissions Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4212624 ADMISSIONS SYSTEMS OPERATIONS MANAGER, G...
Gis Manager, Northeastern University, United States, 14 days ago
Details Posted: 25-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4213844 GIS Manager About the Opport...