Job ID: 42218
The University of Louisville (UofL) Kornhauser Health Sciences Library (KHSL) invites applications from creative and self-motivated candidates for the position of Hospital Library Manager, providing information and research support to the students, staff, researchers, teaching faculty, and practicing clinicians of the University of Louisville (UofL) Rowntree Medical Library.
The University of Louisville Libraries and the University are sincerely committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. For more information, please see the Libraries Diversity and Inclusion website and the Office of Diversity & Equity website.
- Managing the operations, space, and scheduling for the Rowntree Medical Library.
- Building collaborative relationships within clinical departments to support information literacy and evidence-based practice
- In conjunction with the Kornhauser Health Sciences Library (KHSL) administration, planning and setting goals and objectives for the future of the Medical Library.
- In consultation with the KHSL Director, maintaining medical digital hospital-wide information sources, and hard copy and digital journal and book collections.
- Providing evidence-based information support for clinical nursing staff and nursing research groups.
- Providing immediate information as requested using current technology and resources
- Keep students, faculty, and staff in touch with emerging technologies and electronic information tools
- Provide proactive customer-oriented direct hands-on library department services. This responsibility includes activities such as in-depth references, online search training & accessing resources.
- Committing to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility within librarianship, teaching, research, scholarly communications, and professional development
- Providing reference support for KHSL
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent in library or information science by the time of hire
- Knowledge of biomedical and evidence-based practice literature, research, and tools
- Commitment to supporting individuals with diverse backgrounds, values, and identities
- Excellent presentation and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and react quickly
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in multiple formats to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated evidence of initiative and flexibility with planning and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively both as a team member and independently
- Experience working with users in their environments, as opposed to the traditional library setting
- Experience working within the clinical or academic health sciences environment
- Understanding of evidence-based practice
- Experience in a health sciences library or other health sciences background
- Experience using EndNote or similar citation management software
- Additional graduate degree or certification in a related discipline
This is a full-time, 12-month term position reporting to the Associate Director-Clinical Services of KHSL. The anticipated initial rank is Instructor or Assistant Professor. The entry rank and salary of the successful candidate are dependent on experience and qualifications, starting at a minimum of $42000/year. The University Libraries offer a comprehensive benefits package, annual vacation of 22 working days and support for professional development. The University Libraries, a member of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), values its collaborative efforts both within the university and among other organizations, and participates in the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Diversity Alliance, which unites academic libraries committed to increasing the hiring pipeline of qualified and talented individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
Kornhauser Health Sciences Library and the Rowntree Medical Library are located at the downtown Health Sciences Center campus, three miles north of the main university campus. Comprised of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Public Health, as well as UofL Hospital, this campus is home to over 50% of the university faculty and receives 90% of grant funding. With the establishment of the eQuality educational model in 2014, the University of Louisville became the first school in the nation to fully integrate content addressing competent care for individuals who are LGBTQ+, gender nonconforming, and born with differences of sex development into the medical school curriculum. The University of Louisville is a Carnegie Research/High university and recipient of the Carnegie Community Engagement classification for Curricular Engagement & Outreach and Partnerships. The University has a national reputation for its high-quality undergraduate program; over twenty nationally recognized research, graduate, and professional programs; 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students; and a strong commitment to the community in which it resides.
Most notably recognized for Muhammad Ali, the Louisville Slugger, and the Kentucky Derby , Louisville is a compassionate, progressive home to nearly 1 million people from around the world. The richness of its history and the diversity of its communities make Louisville an ideal place to live, work, and play. Louisville offers Southern hospitality, originality, and smaller-city advantages like shorter commutes and lower cost of living, alongside major city amenities like world-class performing arts, great sports, incredible dining, a nationally ranked public school system, and a nationally acclaimed parks system. Centrally located on the banks of the Ohio River and Interstate highways I-65, I-71, and I-64, Louisville is merely hours away from major cities like Chicago, Nashville, St. Louis, and Atlanta, however, there is no need to travel far with iconic attractions and unique experiences only Louisville can offer.
Applications received by November 15, 2021, are given full consideration in the initial screening but are accepted until the position is filled. Current students with an anticipated graduation in Fall 2021 are welcome to apply, though official transcripts for required degrees must be received prior to employment. Proper documentation of identity and employability are also required, and a criminal background report will be completed on the chosen candidate. Submit AS ONE PDF a letter of interest detailing your familiarity, aptitude, and/or experience with the required and desired qualifications, and commitment to diversity and inclusion; CV/resume; and name, address, phone number, and e-mail address of three references via the online application at UofL's Human Resources site https://louisville.edu/jobs/ (Job ID 42218). If you have questions or would like assistance with the application process, please contact the Search Committee chair:Vida M Vaughn Director Kornhauser Health Sciences Library University of Louisville Louisville, KY 40292 email@example.com Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.Faculty/Administrator
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM on the deadline date. If the posting description requested that you follow up and mail or email other documents, your application will not be considered complete until those have been received by the department.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.
Library Supervisor Community, University of Toronto, Canada, about 2 hours ago
Search for: Cancel UofT Home Graduate Studies Quercus Contact Us Search Open Navigation Menu Open Search Future Students Programs of Study Admissions Events and Tours How to Apply BI Admission MMS...
Informatics Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 20 days ago
Assistant University Librarian or Associate University Librarian University of Florida George A Smathers Libraries The University of Florida’s George A. Smathers Libraries seek a creative, collabo...
Library Programs Supervisor Regional, University of Toronto, Canada, about 2 hours ago
Salary: $22.05 Hourly Job Type: Regular Full-Time Job Number: 8079 Location: KY 40202, KY Department: Library Closing: 12/27/2021 11:59 PM Eastern Description ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Assists patrons ...
Director For The Taylor Memorial Library (Tml), Centenary%20University, United States, 9 days ago
Director for the Taylor Memorial Library (TML) Location: Hackettstown with possibility of some remote work JOB SUMMARY: Centenary University seeks a Director for the Taylor Memorial Library (TML)....
Librarian Ii – Collections, University of Toronto, Canada, 11 days ago
Librarian II- Collections Position Summary In a manner consistent with Richmond Hill Public Library’s overall vision and purpose, this position will be responsible for collection development in al...
Library Manager – Neighborhood, University of Toronto, Canada, about 23 hours ago
Salary: $22.05 Hourly Job Type: Regular Full-Time Job Number: 8002 Location: KY 40202, KY Department: Library Closing: 12/27/2021 11:59 PM Eastern Description ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Develops overall...