Instructor - Genetic Counselor - 21341
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Genetics & Metabolism
Instructor - Genetic Counselor
Position #00007299– Requisition #21341
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Genetics & Metabolism has an opening for a full-time Instructor - Genetic Counselor position.
Nature of Work:
- This position provides genetic counseling services for clinical patients with genetics and metabolic diseases to the population of the States of Colorado. It is associated with Children’s Hospital Colorado, but also serves the University of Colorado Hospital on the Anschutz Medical Campus, as well as several affiliated community hospitals throughout the State.
- The individual hired in this position is responsible to the Genetics & Metabolism Section Head. The individual will work collaboratively with other faculty and genetics and metabolic team members. The successful candidate will join 10 clinical geneticists and 15+ genetic counselors, three metabolic nutritionists, and administrative staff in a thriving center for medical genetics including regional satellite clinics.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here .
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide outpatient and inpatient genetic counseling with known or suspected genetic disorders and inborn errors of metabolism.
- Share on-call responsibilities with the other faculty.
- Participate in the education of genetic residents, medical students, pediatric residents, and genetic counseling students.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range ) for this position has been established at $65,000 to $90,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services .
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduated from an accredited genetic counseling program
- ABGC board certified or Board eligible with board certification attained within 10 months of graduation
Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- ABGC Board Certified with one year relevant experience
- Pediatric practice experience
- Experience in one or more specialty clinics
- Active involvement with the department’s genetic counseling students
- Knowledge of principles of genetics and inborn errors of metabolism
- Knowledge of standard inpatient and outpatient clinical operations and procedures
- Ability to develop and present educational information to patients as well as to professionals
- Ability to provide genetic counseling, and technical information in a comprehensive, understandable, nondirective manner to patients and families
- Ability to work independently as well as serving as a team member
- Ability to gather data and prepare reports
- Skilled in communication, both oral and written
- Skilled in establishing priorities
- Requires ability to travel via car to outreach clinics
- Ability to develop collaborative or independent research projects
- Educational skills to various learners
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Questions should be directed to: Peter Baker at PETER.BAKERII@CUANSCHUTZ.EDU
Application Deadline: Application deadline is ASAP. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers , refer to requisition ID: 21341
When applying, applicants must include:
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20873 - SOM-PEDS Genetics & Metabolism
: May 25, 2021
Posting Contact Name: Peter Baker
Posting Contact Email: PETER.BAKERII@CUANSCHUTZ.EDU
Position Number: 00007299
Staff Researcher, University of Denver, United States, about 14 hours ago
Apply now Job no:494077 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Business Operations / Services, Admin / Executive / Office Support, Research The Colorado Evaluation and Action Lab...
Ee Corps Water Educator Liaison – Denver, Co, Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education, United States, about 14 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyColorado Alliance for Environmental EducationLocationDenver, COJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalar...
Staff Counselor/Trauma & Lgbtqi Specialist (Part Time), University of Denver, United States, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:494114 Work type:Staff Part-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services, Student Health / Counseling, Business Operations / Services, Admin / Executive / Office...
Temple Grandin Equine Center Horse Care/Facilities Maintenance Staff, Colorado State University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title Temple Grandin Equine Center Horse Care/Facilities Maintenance Staff Position Location Denver, CO Research Professional Position No Posting Number 202100654AP Positio...
Staff Counselor/Bipoc Specialist, University of Denver, United States, about 15 hours ago
Apply now Job no:494106 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services, Student Health / Counseling, Business Operations / Services, Admin / Executive / Office...
Part Time Visiting Assistant Professor Of The Practice Of Law, Sturm College Of Law, University of Denver, United States, about 14 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493990 Work type:Faculty Part-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Faculty Founded in 1897, the University of Denver Sturm College of Law is a Top 75 law school and a national lead...