|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Life Sciences & Public Safety|
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia seeks a full-time nine-month (9) faculty member for its Dental Hygiene Program within the Life Sciences and Public Safety Division. The faculty member will provide instruction to the dental hygiene faculty and is responsible to the Dean of Life Sciences and Public Safety Division for fulfilling both administrative and teaching activities. This is a full-time nine (9) month faculty position.
Job responsibilities include assisting with: student enrollment, developing program curriculum, faculty development, managing fiscal and physical resources, maintaining program accreditation, and development of external relationships.
The successful applicant is expected to implement course materials that support stated initiatives and use appropriate techniques to provide students with the knowledge needed to achieve the learning outcomes for each dental course offered.
Deadline to apply is August 31, 2017 at 4:30 pm.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree; Must be a dental hygienist who is a graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and must be a Dental Assisting National Board “Certified Dental Assistant”.
- State of Georgia RDH licensure; Two (2) years prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level and experience in the field.
- Background should include instructional experience, and professional experience in clinical practice as either a dental hygienist or working with a dental hygienist.
- The ability to make presentations using advanced media technology, such as distance learning and online learning applications.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in a TCSG institution
- Experience developing and teaching classes using the BLACKBOARD platform
- Experience in managing and motivating professionals
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Expanded Duties Dental Assistant Certification (GA State Board of Dentistry) is preferred
To apply, click "Apply To This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
|Apply To This Job|