|Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform specific duties related to instruction; course and curriculum development; professional growth; service to students; and service to the college and community.
• Teaching & Learning: Teach assigned courses; facilitate the classroom instructional process; evaluate students, monitor progress, assign final grades; provide out-of class academic assistance to students; maintain attendance and grade records; counsel and advise students regarding academic preparation and career goals; work to retain students; mentor and orient faculty and staff; maintain required classroom and office hours.
• Course and Curriculum Development: Select texts, supplemental documents, equipment, supplies, and other learning resources; develop supplemental instructional materials; use current technology in preparation, creation and delivery of instruction; create and revise courses and/or curricula as needed; maintain updated course syllabi.
• Professional Growth: Remain current within field of assigned instruction, related occupational areas and technologies; acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of current instructional methodologies and materials; attend scheduled college, divisional, professional development and in-service activities; support related professional organizations by attending meetings and serving as officers; participate in annual faculty evaluation process.
• Student Support: Respect rights of students and access to educational opportunities; participate in registration process by advising, assisting students in preparing schedules and entering schedules into Banner System; assist in recruitment, selection, orientation and evaluation of potential students; assist in formal and informal placement activities for employment and/or transfer to four-year institutions; support student activities.
• Service to the College and Community: Assist in recruitment and selection of college personnel as assigned; participate in accreditation, assessment and performance funding processes; support and participate in college/division/department committees, organizations and/or task forces to make recommendations in the College’s decision-making processes; provide input and/or assistance in preparation of semester schedules, faculty assignments, facility assignments and budgets; attend- convocation and commencement exercises and participate in college programs; develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships with colleagues; strengthen relationships between the college and the community through program advisory committees and/or community outreach activities. Work collaboratively with advisory committee. Encourage and support student participation in relevant student professional affiliation. Maintain accountability of College property and equipment.
Specific to this job: Serve as advisor for the Associated General Contractors Student Chapter and oversee the Industry Advisory Boards (IABs) for the Civil and Construction Engineering Technology programs.
•Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil/ Construction Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or Building Science from an accredited university or college with a minimum of three years documented civil or construction industry experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit work-related references only; personal references will not be accepted.
-Please be complete with work history. For prior employment, list all beginning and end dates, hours worked per week, and reasons for leaving prior jobs.
-Do not submit application until complete. You can save, log out and return to edit. If documents are required, make sure all are scanned or attached, and application is signed. If you need assistance, please call 423.697-4458 or 423.697-2443