Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified faculty roles will be filled. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country".
On a part-time limited basis, the Adjunct Faculty member’s primary academic functions include teaching, discovering, creating, and reporting knowledge to a diverse set of students.
- On a part-time basis, conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- May serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Academic degree in an appropriate disciple and prior teaching experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students unfamiliar with a subject.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience in the Pharmacy and Healthcare field.
- In-depth understanding of the health care system and the changing practice of pharmacy Experience in application of leadership skills necessary for success in a pharmacy career. Experience in leadership roles in the workplace and engagement in professional organizations.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Three references
Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Clinical Staff Pharmacist Uc Health Stroke Net Pharmacy, UC Health, United States, 1 day ago
Clinical Staff Pharmacist - UC Health - StrokeNet Pharmacy( Job Number: 070321) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our c...
Certified Pharmacy Technician Uc Health Investigational Drug Service, UC Health, United States, 1 day ago
Certified Pharmacy Technician- UC Health - Investigational Drug Service( Job Number: 070323) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating...
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy, UC Health, United States, 10 days ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy( Job Number: 069844) Description Title: Lab Technician Location: UC Medical Center Department: Phlebotomy Shift: Third (9:30PM-6:00AM) Hours: Full ...
Clinical Dietitian Uc Medical Center – Diabetes/Endocrinology Clinic 100293, UC Health, United States, 1 day ago
Clinical Dietitian - UC Medical Center – Diabetes/Endocrinology Clinic - 100293( Job Number: 070196) Description Title: Clinical Dietitian Location: UC Medical Center – 222 Piedmont Avenue , Cinc...
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy, UC Health, United States, 14 days ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy( Job Number: 069932) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpo...
Ems Program Manager Uc Medical Center Emergency Dept, UC Health, United States, 1 day ago
EMS Program Manager- UC Medical Center - Emergency Dept( Job Number: 069968) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our comm...