Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
About UC Online
At the University of Cincinnati Online (UC Online), we deliver a world-class experience for students seeking online flexibility and University of Cincinnati quality. From inquiry to graduation, we push the boundaries of what is possible and drive innovation in online education at the University of Cincinnati. With a student-centric approach and data-driven decision-making model, we support students through the online lifecycle of program discovery, program participation, and degree attainment. Our students realize their hope for a better future through real-life learning at an institution with a legacy of research, innovation, and accomplishment.
About the Job
The UC Online Instruction Team identifies, creates, and implements strategies to use best practices in online education and works to establish UC Online as a best practice innovator. Furthermore, the Online Instruction Team designs, builds, and supports online courses, certificates, and degree programs to students locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally. The Instructional Designer will work in concert with faculty and Subject-Matter-Experts (SMEs) to create high-quality, instructor-led, academically rigorous, and engaging online courses.
Successful candidates must be creative, collaborative, flexible, detailed oriented, thrive in a dynamic team-oriented environment, and showcase a strong entrepreneurial spirit. They must have thorough and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with strong organizational skills and ability. They will be an experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of instructional design and online learning, able to perform the full range of responsibilities within online instruction. They will have broad job knowledge and work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Successful candidates receive general instructions and guidance in an open and collegial manner and exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for course, program, and instructional improvement. This person will be fully knowledgeable in online learning pedagogy, strategies, technologies, and program development.
Responsible for providing instructional design support for current and new on-line courses to faculty, students and staff.
- Assist faculty and subject matter experts (SMEs) in the development of online and technology-facilitated courses; present programs, conduct faculty training, and help the academic programs implement new technologies and approaches for online learning.
- Assist faculty with utilizing web-based resources, multimedia technologies, and instructional software and systems for online course development; collaborate with internal and external business partners that are critical to the success of the course such as faculty, technology/multimedia staff, virtual learning management staff, and department academic support staff to assist with course development, implementation and problem resolution.
- Develop and support current and new online courses according to established procedures; ensure that the developments of instructional materials for online courses are consistent with sound instructional design principles and standards; utilize a variety of software development tools.
- Assess the effectiveness of the experiences and revise in response to feedback.
- Contribute to ongoing research, evaluation and design of online courses and programs.
- Work as part of a team to manage online course and program development.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship and open communication with business partners.
- Research, evaluate and integrate new and emerging educational technologies for improving student learning within online courses.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Two (2) years of experience in course building or course design.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience with learning management systems (Blackboard and Canvas), including analytics and reporting functions. Experience with course development tools, online educational technologies, digital video, audio, graphics, and learning objects, including Storyline and Captivate.
- Experience teaching online for a higher education institution.
- Experience with applying and consulting on accessibility best practices in online courses.
- Experience with standards for online instructional excellence, online learning best practices, Quality Matters standards, faculty support and training strategies, and overall project management for meeting course production timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with, motivate, and collaborate with others to meet desired outcomes.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Sitting - Continuously
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
- Hearing, listening - Continuously
- Talking - Often
- This position is based on the UC Main Campus in the Clifton area of Cincinnati, OH and the selected candidate will be expected to work on-campus.
- You MUST provide a portfolio or sample of your instructional design work; some documents may be uploaded under the "Additional Documents" section of the application, or you may provide a URL in the "Application Questions" section.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy, UC Health, United States, about 14 hours ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy( Job Number: 067791) Description Title: Lab Technician Location: UC Medical Center Department: Phlebotomy Shift: Second (1:15PM-9:45PM) Hours: Full...
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy, UC Health, United States, about 14 hours ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy( Job Number: 067686) Description Title: Lab Technician Location: UC Medical Center Department: Phlebotomy Shift: Second (1:15PM-9:45PM) Hours: Full ...
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy (Prn), UC Health, United States, about 14 hours ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy (PRN)( Job Number: 067136) Description Title: Lab Technician Location: UC Medical Center Department: Phlebotomy Shift: Varies Hours: Varies, PRN At ...
Rn Cn I Ucmc Port Room Nurses, UC Health, United States, 4 days ago
RN - CN I - UCMC - Port Room Nurses( Job Number: 065796) Description Title: RN - CN I - UCMC - Port Room Nurses Location: UC Medical Center - 234 Goodman Street - Cincinnati, OH Department: Port R...
Financial Counseling Representative Uc Medical Center Inpatient Business Office, UC Health, United States, about 14 hours ago
Financial Counseling Representative - UC Medical Center - Inpatient Business Office( Job Number: 066924) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians c...
Medication Access Services Representative Uc Medical Center Out Patient Pharmacies/Infusion, UC Health, United States, about 14 hours ago
Medication Access Services Representative - UC Medical Center - Out-Patient Pharmacies/Infusion( Job Number: 067161) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and ...