Harvard Business School
383057 IT Specialist
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the Service Management and Technology Services (SMTS)team, the Instructional Designer (ID) is responsibleforidentifying and developinginstructionalstrategies and consulting on instructional software and technologydevicesthat support the advancement of teaching and learning at the Harvard Business School. S/he assistsfaculty and programstaﬀ with developing sound pedagogicalstrategiesfor developing and utilizing instructionaltechnologies in and across the curriculum. The ID coordinates teachingfaculty, programstaﬀ, and support staff and helps guide the integration of newtechnologies with innovativeapproaches in academic environments. The ID collaborates closely with a training team to assist in the production of trainingmaterials on how to appropriately usetechnology solutions including student,staﬀ, and faculty guides. Consultationsmust be grounded in instructional design theory, models, and bestpractices. IDs must also possess deep experience using web‐based, eLearning/eTeachingtoolsavailableto the academiccommunity. The ID works closely with faculty,programstaﬀ, subject matterexperts, HBS IT partners, and vendorsto enhance pedagogy and facilitateinstructionaltechnology use. HBS IT partners include Harvard Business School’sMBAprogram,Doctoralprogram, and ExecutiveEducationprograms.
- Consult with faculty and programstaﬀ about teaching and learning goalsforcourses and programs;Haveknowledge of a wide range of instructionaltechnologies, help faculty and programstaﬀ choose and implement the ones bestsuitedtomeet the identiﬁed needs;
- Develop project plans forimplementing a range of instructionaltechnologies in a course or program;Coordinate services across the HBS IT and the HBS organization, so thatfacultyhave a centralpoint of service contactfor their instructionaltechnology needs (maintainingstreamlined and strongcustomer service for the faculty and programs;
- Develop and manage the implementation of project plans, takingresponsibilityforproject scheduling, budgeting,resourceallocation, and communicationtoensure the delivery of a business solution within scope, timeline, and budget;
- Evaluatenewtechnologiesand their ability tomeetteaching and learning needs, and HBSrequirements;
- AssistSMTSteamsin designing and creating solutions that align closely with teaching and learning goals; and
- Provideindividual and groupinstruction with sensitivity todiﬀering learning styles.
- A Master's degree in Instructional Systems Technology, Instructional Design, Education Technology, or related field
- Two or more years of professional experience as an Instructional Designer in higher education or similar environment
- Experience in developing instructional design strategies, policies, and procedures;
- Expertise in developing, evaluating, and redesigning face‐to‐face, fully online, and
- hybrid/blended courses;
- Expertise with one or more learning management systems;
- Expertise with one or more eLearning authoring tool (e.g., Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate);
- Evaluation and application of social networking, online collaborative tools, and mobile solutions for education;
- Experience with web and interactive/simulation development;
- Teaching or training experience;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac operating systems; and
- Online portfolio preferred (include link in resume/CV).
InstructionalDesignershaveexperiencecreatingcomplex and innovative learning solutions forface‐to‐face and hybridteaching and learning environments. Guided byinstructional design theory, models, and best practices, the Instructional Designer is a proven team player that has extensive experience in course development. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and tactfully with members of the academic community is necessary. Experience working in an environment where colleagues have diverse background and customs. A keen understanding of, and sensitivity to, the human factors and accessibility requirements involved in introducing educational technology. Demonstrated ability to manage projects and perform under a heavy workload involving a number of simultaneous initiatives. Position requires some evening and weekend work.
USA - MA - Boston
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Assistant Director, Diversity Recruitment, Mba Admissions, Harvard Business School, United States, 14 days ago
Organization : The mission of Harvard Business School is to educate leaders who make a difference in the world. Description : MBA Admissions seeks an Assistant Director for our marketing team to o...
Information Research Specialist, Harvard University Business School, United States, 17 days ago
Baker Research Services (BRS), a research team within HBS Knowledge and Library Services, is seeking an expert data wrangler/researcher to become a valued member of BRS providing unique data and r...
Associate Director, Crm, Executive Education It, Harvard Business School, United States, 14 days ago
Lead research, design, documentation, implementation, configuration, and validation of solutions to business needs. Solve large, complex and multifaceted technical problems. May manage multiple pr...
Business Analyst, Harvard Innovation Labs, Harvard University Business School, United States, 19 days ago
Many HBS employees are eligible for Flexible Work Arrangements, which may be explored during the interview process. Cover Letter is Required. Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS a...
Principal Software Engineer, Architecture, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States, about 1 month ago
Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture - and benefits - that just aren't found together anywhere else. If you're curious, motivated, want to be part of a unique community, ...
Full Stack Software Engineer (Software Engineer I), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 16 hours ago
Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that just aren’t found together anywhere else. If you’re curious, motivated, want to be part of a unique community, ...