Under general direction, assists faculty in the design and development of course materials that take advantage of instructional technologies and apply the best practices in teaching and learning in multiple delivery modalities.
Instructional Design Tech
Sols Undergraduate Programs
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$43,300 - $60,000 per year; DOE
- Assists individual faculty in the design and development of engaging, interactive and instructionally sound materials with a focus on adaptive learning and universal design
- Manages the design, development and delivery of online course content, materials, interactive and multimedia technology-driven components, and other support materials consistent with established design and development processes to ensure flexibility and reusability
- Coordinates production of instructional materials with subject matter expert (SME), graphic artists and multimedia developers
- Provides consultation for faculty in educational design of online delivered curriculum; builds and maintains site for course deployment
- Develops and/or maintains online web-based resources such as tutorials, reference material, design standards, content resources, templates, and tools for instructional development
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and educational trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations
- Collaborates with instructional professionals to review and evaluate course content and develop improvement plans
- Collaborates with team to identify areas for training and support of faculty, including participating in workshops, webinars, blog posts, orientations, trainings
- Uses a variety of technologies such as MS Office, Web 2.0, G Suite, web conferencing and both Mac and PC operating systems
Bachelor's degree in Educational Technology or a related field AND three years experience providing educational technology development services; OR, Master's degree in Educational Technology or a related field AND one year of experience in providing educational technology development services; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of an MA or MS with an emphasis in Biology Education or related field
- Work experience with higher education
- Teaching experience with traditional or online courses
- Evidence of a Quality Matters training/certification
- Experience developing and working with adaptive courses
- Specific technology skills with Cogbooks, OER, Canvas, ALLY, Labster
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- This position receives regular review of objectives by department administrator
The School of Life Sciences (SOLS) has provided a vital hub for creative excellence at Arizona State University, with more than 670 faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and staff, and research that ranges from studies on biodiesel and biohydrogen to vaccine development and the conservation of whales. As ASU’s first academic unit to fully reflect President Michael Crow’s integrated, interdisciplinary vision for the New American University, the School of Life Sciences offers active and evolving platforms for collaborative, cutting-edge research and faculty whose discovery is freed from traditional institutional boundaries.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Instructional Design And Technology Project Coordinator (6 Month Temporary), California Lutheran University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Details Position Title Instructional Design and Technology Project Coordinator (6 Month Temporary) Position Category Temporary FLSA Exempt FTE 1.00 Location Thousand Oaks University Backgr...
Director, Learning Strategies, The University of Chicago, United States, 1 day ago
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description. Department 3034102 Bus-Faculty And Edu...
Fnp Specialty Coordinator, Dnp Program, College Of Nursing (Part Time/Full Time), The University of Arizona, United States, 1 day ago
Sign In Create Profile FNP Specialty Coordinator, DNP Program, College of Nursing (Part Time/Full Time) Tucson, AZ, United States | req1365 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search FNP Specialty Co...
Research Analyst, The University of Chicago, United States, 1 day ago
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description. Department 13763 Urban Poverty Lab Abo...
Research Programmer, The University of Chicago, United States, 1 day ago
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description. Department 2010009 BSD - Center for Tr...
Education Coordinator Early Childhood Special Education, James Madison University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Working Title Education Coordinator - Early Childhood Special Education Position Number 5353 Posting Number F1480 Position Type Administrative and Professional Faculty Position St...