The Institutional Research Office has an immediate opening for an Institutional Research Data Administrator (IRDA). The IRDA has primary responsibility for the data developed by the Office of Institutional Research, ensuring that these resources are current, available, accurate, and delivered efficiently to campus clients. The IRDA supports the on-going work of the Office of Institutional Research and works directly with campus clients starting with project design through production of deliverables. The IRDA is responsible for assigned projects and works largely independently on their assignments. The IRDA typically manages multiple projects and budgets their time according in coordination with clients and colleagues in the Office of Institutional Research.
The primary functions of the Institutional Research Office at Princeton are:
- Conduct analytical and policy studies that support decision making and planning
- Partner with other offices in projects that assess institutional effectiveness
- Monitor emerging issues through environmental scanning and involvement in national organizations
- Participate in data sharing through consortia
- Improve access to information for decision making
This is an on campus position, full time remote work is not available.
- Curate data developed by the Office of Institutional Research, which includes including data modeling, database development, data documentation, and the development of metadata as needed.
- Primary responsibility for maintaining longitudinal and project data sets in a variety of file formats that include Access .accdb, SPSS .sav Tableau .tds and tdx. This work includes timely updates, content, and maintenance processes, monitoring usage, and managing user access.
- Assess, optimize, and maintain an existing portfolio of Tableau visualizations/dashboards and other web-based data resources available on the IR website.
- Handle, secure, and present confidential materials in accordance with university policy and federal/state regulations.
- Respond to questions and requests posed by campus leadership, administrative offices and academic departments. The IRDA researches the question; identifies the data required to address the question; conducts analyses, and summarizes the findings for presentation.
- Work with clients to conduct analyses, develops reports and produce visualizations. This may include narrative summaries, cross-tabulations, descriptive statistics and regression modeling.
- Coordinate the submission and use of benchmarking data maintained by the Association of American Universities Data Exchange (AAUDE) and other organizations.
- Represents the Office of Institutional Research on campus standing committees.
- Doctoral degree with appropriate research/technical experience or Bachelor’s degree with five years of appropriate work experience. Proficiency with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby) and SQL.
- Proficiency with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby) and SQL.
- Proficiency with Tableau Data Analytics Desktop and Server versions
- Data management skills including experience with Oracle, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Excel, and Access.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Go to our careers site.
Multiple Human Brain Imaging Faculty Positions Available At Rutgers Brain Health Institute, Rutgers University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Multiple Human Brain Imaging Faculty Positions Available at Rutgers Brain Health Institute Department RWJ - Brain Health Institute Salary Commensurate Wi...
Public Relations Specialist I , Rutgers University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Public Relations Specialist I Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Athletics Mktg & Communication Overview The Rutgers Division of Inter...
Assistant Director Of Football Operations, Rutgers University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Director of Football Operations Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Football Overview The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate...
Application Programmer, Rutgers University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Application Programmer Job Category Staff & Executive - Information Technology Department SAS - LCSR Overview The School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) at Ru...
Quality Control Player Development, Rutgers University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Quality Control - Player Development Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Football Overview The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athl...
Program Coordinator Ii, Rutgers University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Program Coordinator II Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Athletics Mktg & Communication Overview The Rutgers Division of Intercollegi...