Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Institute Associate, O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law - Georgetown University Law Center
The Institute Associate will work on projects and/or academic research projects fort he O'Neill Institute . Work includes preparation of white papers, organization of research colloquial, expert meetings, coordination of interdisciplinary research team, and grant writing. Academic project involve working closely with faculty to produce scholarly works for publication. In some case, this work will result in joint publication. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Institute’s Director, faculty members, and staff to conduct short-term advanced research projects, including legal and policy research on relevant national and global health law (e.g. public health law, international health regulations, health and human rights, etc.).
- Supervises Research Assistants (RAs) and student research on relevant topics. Projects will involve legal and policy writing and presentations, as well as participation in related conferences and events.
- Supports O’Neill Institute/ Global Health Law LL.M. courses to expand opportunities for experiential learning.
- Cultivates and helps manage relationships with external clients to help define and support student papers and evaluate work.
- Other work in support of the course development and execution will also be included.
- JD or JD/MPH required
- Minimum two to five years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with health law and/or policy required
- Familiarity with both domestic and international health law topics. Academic and working knowledge of research topics related to health law
- Excellent research and legal writing skills required. Ability to operate professionally and maturely in interactions with academic and other stakeholders required
- Ability to work well as part of a small team and supervise student work in a professional manner also required. Exception academic credentials, including publications, are preferred.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Tenure Track Faculty In Ethics And Public Policy, McCourt School of Public Policy, United States, 43 minutes ago
Position ID:Georgetown -McCourt -ETHICS [#14167] Position Title: Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Public Policy Ethics Appl Deadline:2...
Assistant Professor Of The Politics Of The Arab World, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, 43 minutes ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CCAS [#14305] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor In Public Management, McCourt School of Public Policy, United States, 42 minutes ago
Position ID:Georgetown -McCourt -PUBMANPROF [#14127] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subj...
Assistant Professor Of Political Economy Or Business Economics, With A Regional Focus On Europe, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, 43 minutes ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CGES [#14205] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas:...
Full Time Tenured, Tenure Track, Visiting Assistant Professor Or Lecturer In Law Faculty (Term) School Of Law, George Mason University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Department Antonin Scalia Law School Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check N...
Dean, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Department Antonin Scalia Law School Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check, Financial Background Check Moto...