Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position implements the school, college or unit technology efforts. The incumbent maintains department technology including computers and computer systems, servers, websites and online functions and develops digital products, equipment plans, and strategies.
Examples of Work Performed
- Establishes and implements technology and digital strategies.
- Develops technology and equipment plans for the department.
- Maintains technology systems for the department to operate efficiently.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and the Department of Information Technology to ensure maximum network efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops partnerships with external agencies to support department technology efforts.
- Researches and recommends appropriate upgrades related to media technology, hardware, and software.
- Coordinates information flow and user interface of department website and server.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting when needed; on-call nights and weekends.
- Completes processes required for equipment purchases.
- Maintains software and hardware inventory.
- Develops, implements, and enforces technology usage and security policies for the department.
- Stays abreast of developments related to media technology.
- Coordinates and conducts faculty, staff, and student training on the use of technology.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field from an accredited college or university.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Lecturer, CRACOW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Poland, 13 days ago
CRACOW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY announces a competition for the position lecturer in the group of research and teaching staff at the Department of Computer Science at the Faculty of Computer Scien...
It Planning & Strategy Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, about 8 hours ago
This competition is an internal expression of interest opportunity as part of the Service Excellence Transformation initiative and is restricted to NASA salaried university employees (Regular and ...
Software Engineer For Quantum Communication Systems: High Performance Data Processing, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute run jointly by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). Together, we work on ...
Assistant Director Of Healthcare Tech & Strategic Initiatives, Arizona State University, United States, 8 days ago
71516BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Asst Director Job Description Under administrative direction of the Grace Center Director and in collaboration with the Edson Director of Technology, performs work...
Pd Eng Traineeship Chemical Product Design, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
The PDEng traineeship “Chemical Product Design” focuses on the development of structured materials, formulations, and devices for the specialty chemicals, personal care, health care, food, semicon...
Assistant Professor Protein Engineering And Ai, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Are you a scientist whose research is on the frontier of protein engineering by using AI? Protein engineering holds the potential for revolutionary advances in medicine, materials, and environment...