Requisition # 20001631Apply Now
An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing world-class healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that’s what we’re delivering. Join us and make a difference every single day in service of this extraordinary work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. We’re enhancing our technology, energizing organizational climate, facilitating change, and enabling talent. The healthcare industry is challenging, but Cedars-Sinai Human Resources is pursuing outstanding service and support for a talented workforce inspired by those challenges, engaged in their work, and deft in their ability to adapt to the ever-changing environment.
Under general supervision, the HR Coordinator provides routine guidance/input to clients and assigned HR functions. Facilitates and supports the initiatives and deliverables provided by their assigned HR area. Provide support to area through analytical research, coordination of unit processes, interpretation and application of unit specific policies, practices and guidelines, and management of office duties to ensure the smooth delivery of HR services to clients. HR Coordinator is expected to continually develop knowledge as a client resource and gain subject matter expertise in assigned targeted Human Resources disciplines related to work activities and projects assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and support HR administrative functions to include developing communications, conducting research and generating and analyzing reports within the HR Organization to support strategic initiatives. Conduct analysis and may provide cross functional recommendations.
- May support clients and/or be assigned a client group under supervision of Management or senior staff. Would be responsible for supporting clients in area of responsibility, work cross functionally across HR and ensuring proper follow up and execution of service delivery, as needed.
- Provide routine and generally non-complex guidance and recommendations to clients.
- Coordinate and process HR workflow and initiatives through the monitoring of time lines, developing and organizing information and executing assigned tasks accurately.
- Collaborate across the HR Organization and/or client groups to coordinate, facilitate and manage HR programs, projects and/or initiatives.
- Interpret HR specific policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements (CBA), best practices and guidelines and coordinate cross functionally across HR and/or provide education and guidance to clients as needed. Route inquiries to appropriate levels of the organization.
- Maintain data integrity of files and documents in established databases or filing systems. May assist with maintaining department systems, databases and/or other electronic media.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by participating in activities and projects that promote operational efficiency and positive employee engagement.
- Provide education, training and development support for managers and employees, as assigned.
- Assist with the development and dissemination of management reports, memos, letters and other professional internal and external correspondence. May provide some administrative support.
- Participate in special projects related to departmental and/or organizational needs.
- May participate on interdisciplinary teams to provide unit-specific insight, perspective and feedback as programs are developed and implemented.
- Serve as contact for inquires directed toward HR area of responsibility and act as resource/liaison for other staff. Tracks inquires and follows-up as needed with appropriate parties to resolve items and/or concerns. Triage inquiries generated from the Shared Service Center, client group and other internal and external customers.
High School Diploma/GED required
Bachelor's Degree Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field preferred
2 yearsAdministrative support experience required
2 yearsExperience in a Human Resources discipline required
- Working Title: Human Resources Coordinator
- Department: Medical Center HR
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
Hr Generalist Hr Service Center, University of Southern California, United States, about 20 hours ago
USC's Human Resources Service Center is seeking an HR Generalist to join its call center. As an HR Generalist, you will provide general HR client support to the university community and will ensu...
Recruiter, University of Southern California, United States, 22 days ago
Who We Are: The University of California (USC) is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology, and international business. As the city’s lar...
Human Resources Assistant, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 11 days ago
Job Duties Job Qualifications Job Duties Responsibilities The Semel Institute has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Assistant to join their HR Team. The HR Assistant will be accountabl...
Compensation Analyst, University of Southern California, United States, about 21 hours ago
USC's Human Resources Compensation department is seeking an experienced Compensation Analyst to join their team. The Compensation Analyst will be responsible for assisting management in the admini...
Administrative Assistant Ii, University of Southern California, United States, 14 days ago
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you wi...
Senior Manager, Labor Relations, University of Southern California, United States, about 21 hours ago
Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate. USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divis...