||Office of Legal Affairs and General Counsel
||Office of Human Resources
|Full-Time or Part-Time:
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
||Reporting to the Associate Director, HR Client Services & Employee Relations and working closely with the Chief Human Resources Officer the Human Resources Client Services Manager will proactively develop and implement effective human resources operational processes, policies and practices in support of departmental and University strategies and goals. The Human Resources Client Services Manager will assist in the creation and delivery of HR programs and priorities. This is a visible role that requires the ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times, possess a high level of professionalism and be customer service driven and flexible in attitude.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partners with the Chief Human Resources Officer and Associate Director, HR Client Services in identifying and leading the continuous improvement of HR operations and services; update materials and streamline processes; provide input on and work toward new systems and procedures.
• Responds to employee relation issues and coordinates resolutions; recommends and facilitates effective solutions in alignment with applicable policies and laws; coaches and advises on organizational, employee and labor relations.
• Oversees the processing of unemployment claims, subpoenas, employment and wage verifications, employment record requests ensuring such requests are handled within established timeframes.
• Oversees recruitment and employment activities, assuring that qualified employees are recruited and hired in accordance with established policies. Provides support for initiatives to recruit, retain and develop a professional and diverse workforce.
• Provides support to the Office of Student Employment in the areas of student employee recruitment, process improvement and student employment related matters.
• Partners with the Associate Director, Human Resources Information Systems in identifying opportunities for HR process automation and subsequently, leads these efforts.
• Partners with Associate Director, Human Resources Information Systems in developing and generating various HR-related institutional reports; develops and delivers useful HR reports to leadership.
• Oversees the pre-employment background check process to include the review and preparation of the monthly ADP statement (background checks) and updates budget information as necessary.
• Providers managers at all levels of the organization with proactive, consultative and strategic advice related to policy, procedure and best practices.
• Supervises HR Department Receptionist and insures appropriate reception coverage.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years’ related Human Resources experience, specifically in the areas of employee relations and/or labor relations.
• Prior project management experience, preferably within Human Resources.
• Proven ability with leveraging data to drive outcomes.
• Prior experience working with an HRIS system to include reporting.
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times, possess a high level of professionalism and be customer service driven and flexible in attitude.
• Proven ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Capable of working independently with little supervision as well as serve as productive team member.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, communication and listening skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
• Prior experience in a University setting.
||Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:email@example.com. Please include "Human Resources Client Services Manager" in the subject line.
||All applicants are invited to complete the three (3) voluntary self-identification forms
||Open until filled