|Job Title||Human Resources Business Partner (HR Generalist 3)|
|Location||Los Alamos, NM, US|
|Organization Name||HR-FCS / HR Field & Central Services|
What You Will Do
· Advise managers and employees on human resources policies, ensuring a complete understanding of HR-related business needs and objectives
· Partner with the customer to implement HR programs and address common and moderately complex business issues in areas of compensation, staffing, employee relations, AA/EEO and organizational development
· Assist in the gathering and analyzing of data for workforce issues and reviewing the processing of personnel requests or actions to ensure conformance to policy
· Manage process improvement initiatives
· Partner with HR core functions to provide input on the establishment of HR programs
· Lead HR initiatives
· Serve as main point of contact for strategic customer initiatives
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Specialized knowledge of HR theories, principles, and understanding of HR as an interrelated system of functional operations.
· Demonstrated analytical skills and proven competence in anticipating, identifying, researching, analyzing, and resolving general HR and organizational issues.
· Ability to build networks across functional and organizational boundaries.
· Demonstrated experience in managing difficult situations and conflict.
· Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying HR policy and procedures.
· Demonstrated proficient use of software applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor junior staff
· Advanced level knowledge and consultative experience in a majority of the following HR-related disciplines: benefits, compensation, affirmative action/equal employment opportunity, employee relations, staffing, other core HR services, employee development, etc.
· Advanced knowledge and consultative experience with a variety of customer organizations as well as knowledge of organizational structure, mission and goals, including the ability to effectively interact with senior-level management and executives.
· Demonstrated experience in successfully developing, leading and facilitating strategic HR activities and special projects
· Demonstrated experience applying complex/specialized knowledge to address organizational business needs
· Advanced skills in the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports
· Advanced analytical skills to evaluate and present strategic HR execution
· Experience leading and facilitating strategic HR activities and special projects
Notes to Applicants: Job posting will close at close of business on July 5, 2019. Please submit a cover letter addressing how you meet all job requirements listed.
Education: Position typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At this level, post graduate course work may be desirable.
Clearance: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements* for access to classified matter.
*Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information.
New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Regular position: Term status Laboratory employees applying for regular-status positions are converted to regular status.
Internal Applicants: Please refer to Laboratory policy P701 for applicant eligibility.
Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
Where You Will Work
Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
As a member of the HR Field and Central Services team, you will be an essential part of a one-of-a-kind effort to solve some of the most important challenges of our time. We do this through strategic HR efforts to provide world class solutions to the talent challenges facing our mission-focused programs. We make customer service a top priority and are passionate about the work we get to do.