Business Operations Specialist
ASU, the largest state university and also recognized for the last 4 years in a row by US News and World Report as the most innovative university, is committed to maintaining the most dynamic and productive learning experience in all of higher education. The Strategic Finance and Business Office (SFBO) is at the forefront of providing HR and Finance support for the University Technology Office. You will be part of a highly efficient team that works collaboratively, while still allowing room for individual accomplishments. As part of the UTO, the HR Data Analyst will contribute to the effective operations of UTO by working in a data rich environment to provide analytics, reporting, and HR support for the SFBO. If you are energetic, collaborative, and passionate about HR, Data Analytics and Finance, this will prove to be a very robust opportunity with a career trajectory that affords many opportunities for advancement.
The HR Data Analyst role will use data analysis tools and methods to assist with planning, organizing and coordinating the business operations functions in accordance with established goals, priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. These functions will include analysis of department and human resource data, reporting, payroll management, recruitment, human resource compliance, maintaining unit personnel files, and other functions designated by unit administrator.
SFBO Human Resources
UNIV TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$40,464 - $52,312 per year; DOE
- Works closely with the unit financial administrator to review personal service expenditures and prepare personal services reports to assist in analysis and projections in accordance with established financial guidelines.
- Provides data analytics and reporting to support HR functions and services that improve the customer service offering for SFBO.
- Performs all activities associated with Department Time Administrator to ensure accurate and timely recording of exception and positive time for human resource staff members.
- Performs routine payroll reconciliation in coordination with payroll end dates.
- Coordinate and process personnel searches and hiring and maintains personnel files consistent with University policies and practices.
- Prepares and submits journal vouchers to adjust/correct expenditures to conform to project funding changes.
- Analyzes data, investigates payroll discrepancies and works as a liaison between UTO and human resources to reach a solution.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in using MS Excel to analyze data, design and build complex reports and documents.
- Experience using SQL to extract data and build reports.
- Experience using data analysis to improve efficiencies and propose solutions to streamline HR processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices and principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource practices and standards.
- Experience in Department Time Administration to ensure accurate and timely recording of exception and positive time for all UTO staff members.
- Experience using PeopleSoft, Kenexa BrassRing, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience in in coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience in working effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities, sensitive/confidential information and short deadlines.
- Experience in developing and maintaining cooperative working relationships both within and across organizational areas.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution's sustainability programs.
- Experience in preparing detailed financial information for a variety of constituencies.
- Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier.
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Nus Rapid Response Team, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
NUS Rapid Response Team - 00CIO Description To perform Crisis and Emergency Response Team (CERT) duties as a member for a Rapid Response Team (RRT). To provide quick response to incidents and emer...
Environmental Health And Safety Inspector, Environmental Health And Safety, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 16 days ago
Reports to: Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor Purpose:Provides all range of environmental health and safety services to the American University in Cairo through spreading an environmental...
Environment, Health And Safety Officer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Environment, Health and Safety Officer - 00CH3 Description To assist the Senior Associate Director to uphold safety standards and to ensure cleanroom and lab users comply with the safety protocols...
Senior Mechanical Engineer, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 11 days ago
Purpose: Performs duties necessary to ensure availability of all mechanical trades to all AUC buildings, parking lots and service areas. Exercises overall responsibility for inspecting, planning,...
Facilities Operations Technician I Bsl4 Maintenance (Galveston) 70359, UTMB Health, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job ID 70359 Job Title Facilities Operations Technician I - BSL4 Maintenance (Galveston) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit FACSV Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min ...
Laboratory And Research Technician Fuel Cells School Of Chemical Engineering, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Laboratory and Research Technician, Fuel Cells - 95878 Position Details Area: School of Chemical Engineering in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Salary: Full time starting salary i...