Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 6,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The shift for this position is:
Monday – Thursday 230pm-11pm
Friday and Saturday off.
- Restrooms must be cleaned, monitored and replenished on a daily basis, which includes disinfecting all basins, urinals and toilet bowls and sweeping and mopping floors
- Replenish all dispensers as needed while reporting any damaged or malfunctioning units to a manager or supervisor
- Remove trash and recycle as needed
- Periodic cleaning such as vacuuming, mopping and waxing/buffing floors; dusting office furniture, vents, corridors, and staircases
- Snow removal (by use of shovels and/or power equipment)
- Setting up tables and chairs for functions
- Moving furniture as required
- Operate motor vehicle to transport garbage, as needed
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
Experience and Educational Background:
- High School Diploma and 1 year of housekeeping experience is required
- Valid and clean state issued driver’s license required
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to work the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing, and kneeling while working
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of various cleaning methods, materials, chemicals, and equipment
- Must have knowledge of floor and carpet care and equipment such as: refinishing, scrubbing, hi-speed burnishing, polishing, shampooing, and extraction
- The ability to operate heavy machinery and/or equipment such as: Bobcat, Forklift, Snow Blowers, Plows, and drive University’s vehicles
- Respirator Fit Testing may be required
Casual A.M. Custodian Dining Operations | Administration | Ashland University, Ashland University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Summary: Performs the duties of casual A.M. Custodian in an efficient manner, meeting the objectives of Ashland University. Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the entire facili...
Temporary Management Support, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 18 days ago
Temporary Management Support - 0068V Description 1. Facilities Management Management of our premises – to work with appointed vendors to ensure the smooth running of the facilities, and to ensure ...
Custodial Student Worker Fall 2017, University of Central Missouri, United States, about 7 hours ago
Custodial Student Worker - Fall 2017 Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To...
Heavy Cleaner, Columbia University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Title Heavy Cleaner Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089258 Department 1205- FAC Operations Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit TWU - B&G If temp...
Heavy Cleaner, Columbia University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Heavy Cleaner Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089199 Department 1205- FAC Operations Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit TWU - B&G If temp...
Heavy Cleaner, Columbia University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Title Heavy Cleaner Job Code Title 510405 Job Requisition Number 088994 Department 7007- CMC CUMC VP Facilities Mgmt Location Medical Center Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining...