Available Title(s):470-YN_FACULTY - Librarian 2, 480-NN_FACULTY - Librarian 3
Business Title:Health Sciences Librarian
Summary of Duties:
The Health Sciences Librarian will be primarily responsible for serving as the liaison to the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and developing interprofessional education opportunities for the WSU Health Sciences Library. The librarian works closely with other library faculty and staff to empower and inform the Pharmacy and Interprofessional community through services and resources to advance education and scholarship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Liaison, Instruction, Reference, & Collection Coordination: 70%
• Serve as library liaison and principal contact for the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and other programs as requested.
• Provide specialized support to the College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences programs located in Yakima.
• Plan and teach library instruction classes for the College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences and other programs and disciplines as requested.
• Provide in-person and electronic research assistance and reference services to all library users. Assist in locating and obtaining information from the entire universe of physical and electronic resources.
• Create and maintain online user guides, tutorials, and websites to meet current needs of faculty and students.
• Create library programs to provide opportunities for interprofessional education and collaborative practice.
• Work collaboratively with the Colleges on the Spokane campus to position the library as a nexus of interprofessional education on campus.
• In collaboration with the WSU Libraries Collection Development Committee, Spokane Academic Library colleagues, and the Finance Office, strive to build and maintain a coherent, optimally useful collection to serve the faculty and programs within budget limitations.
• Work collaboratively with the library director and other library and campus colleagues to create and develop library spaces (both virtual and real), programs, and services to meet the evolving educational, clinical, and research needs of the health sciences campus.
• Participate in the ongoing development and implementation of the library’s and university’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
• Share in circulation staffing with other library personnel as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Professional/Scholarly Activities: 20%
• Keep current on trends and developments in library and information science by reading professional literature, participating in professional organizations and committees, and attending workshops, institutes, seminars and conferences.
• Conduct research for publications and presentations in areas of library and information science or other scholarly subjects.
• Meet the publication requirements for tenure as outlined in the WSU Library Faculty Handbook and the WSU Faculty Manual.
• Share with library colleagues and department faculty and staff relevant information gained from professional activities and use that knowledge to improve library operations.
Service to the Library, University and the Public: 10%
• Serve on University, Campus, WSU Library, Orbis-Cascade Alliance, and other committees and groups as appropriate. Represent the Spokane Academic Library to the community as requested.
• Minimum Requirement: Masters Degree in Information/Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with large groups and individuals at all work levels.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and desire to promote diversity.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
• A record showing commitment to customer service and the application of appropriate flexibility in response to issues and opposing points of view is required.
• Educational background in the physical, health, or life sciences.
• Work experience in the health sciences.
• Experience working with or supporting Pharmacy faculty and students, practitioners, or other healthcare professionals.
• Familiarity with current trends in evidence-based medicine and health sciences librarianship.
• Familiarity with clinical research, and point-of-care resources.
• Experience creating instructional and outreach materials utilizing LibGuides or other systems.
Area/College: WSU Spokane
Department Name: WSU Health Sciences Library
City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA, 99202
Department Link: https://spokane.wsu.edu/library/
Annual Salary: $68,380 - $80,000 | Commensurate with qualifications and experience
In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position or as mandated by a U.S. Department of Labor prevailing wage determination.
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for Faculty visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-Benefit-Overview-for-Faculty-and-AP.pdf . Find total compensation information here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/ .
Overtime Eligibility: Overtime Ineligible
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by October 9, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Applicants must upload the following documents to their online application.
- Curriculum Vitae (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
- Statement of commitment/contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion (required) (Guidelines: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Guidelines-for-Contributions-to-Equity-Diversity-and-Inclusion-Statements-1.pdf )
- Contact information for three (3) professional references (required)
External candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of your application. Internal candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/Cover Letter” section of your application.
Documents may be submitted in one file or separate files. Applicants are encouraged to upload as a PDF if possible. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants will be requested to provide contact information for professional references within the online application.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Research Intern Hui Zhang Laboratory, Washington State University, United States, 6 days ago
Details Posted: 23-Nov-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4814766 Research Intern-...
Spokane Mesa Coordinator, Washington State University, United States, 12 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Nov-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 4801252 Spokane MESA Coordinator Ava...
Health Sciences Interprofessional Education And Assessment Coordinator, Washington State University, United States, 12 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Nov-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Executive Provost/Vice President Internal Number: 4801255 Health Sciences Interprofessional Educati...
Student Learning Center Program Assistant, Washington State University, United States, 12 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Nov-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4796165 Student Learning Center Pr...
Graduate Administrative Specialist, Washington State University, United States, 12 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Nov-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Financial Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4801249 Graduate Administrative Specialist Availabl...
Dir Center For Academic Advising & Retention, Eastern Washington University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Dir-Center for Academic Advising & Retention Posting Number 2023092EP Position Information Classification Title Dir-CAAR Working Title Dir-Center for...