The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Specialist, Health Promotions (WA #2122-124) to join our incredible team in the Mountain Pacific region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will coordinate, implement and evaluate lung health programs throughout Washington state as well as ensure successful completion of grant deliverables for the Master Home Environmentalist Program in Seattle and tobacco prevention and control grants across Washington. This position is grant-funded.
- Work with the project director to develop, implement and evaluate public health education programs that will focus on lung health awareness, indoor air quality, and tobacco prevention and control.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Master Home Environmentalist program, including performing home visits; marketing and recruitment; implementing trainings, presentations, and other educational activities; training and managing volunteers; and data entry and program evaluation.
- Coordinate youth tobacco prevention and control grant activities across the state.
- Research and implement best practices for environmental health home visit programs within priority populations.
- Provide support for annual report, awards, grants and other activities assigned.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association.
- Collaborate with project director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Participate in and support community related programs.
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across Washington, including American Lung Association programs such as Freedom From Smoking, Better Breathers Clubs, Asthma Basics, LUNG FORCE Expo, etc. within assigned territory.
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Provide support for Washington program and development events as requested.
- Participate on national American Lung Association program workgroups and committees as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, environmental health, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Prior experience in public health, environmental health, community relations, public policy, and/or advocacy.
- Reliable transportation for regular local travel.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Required to travel periodically for meetings and conferences.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Seasonal Restoration Crew Member: Issaquah, Wa, Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust, United States, 1 day ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyMountains to Sound Greenway TrustLocationIssaquah, WAJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$20/hourS...
Research Study Recruitment Coordinator, Washington State University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Title: 323M-YN - Research Study Coordinator 1 Business Title: Research Study Recruitment Coordinator Additional Titles: Location: MET PARK Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT ...
Alaska Marine Mammal Observer Program Project Manager: Seattle, Wa, Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, United States, 21 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPacific States Marine Fisheries CommissionLocationSeattle, WAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$95,000Sta...
Irb Coordinator, Washington State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Title: 1138-YN - Coordinator Business Title: IRB Coordinator Additional Titles: Location: MET PARK Employee Type: Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed Term) Job Family: Administrative Professional - OT ...
Research Specialist, Bacterial Genetics – Mougous Lab, HHMI, United States, about 16 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Health Science Building, Seattle, WA, 98195-7370 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are seeking a Research Specialist to support the lab...
Director, Washington State University, United States, 11 days ago
Title: 1155-NN - Director Business Title: Director Additional Titles: Location: WSU WEST-SEATTLE Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible Positi...