JOB CODE: OHA17-0419
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 10/08/17 11:59 PM
SALARY: $4,545.00 - $6,652.00 Monthly
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division, Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section in Portland, OR is searching for an analytical, community health focused, strategic, policy driven professional to fill the role of Health Promotion Policy Specialist to contribute to the program’s comprehensive, community-wide approach of helping people eat better, move more, live tobacco free and take better care of themselves.
What you will do!
You will evaluate health programs and recommend priorities to achieve state program goals and meet funding requirements. You will determine statewide policies, procedures and priorities consistent with the vision and mission of the Public Health Division and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You will recommend legislative concepts to address chronic disease prevention and contributing risk factors. In addition, you will provide strategic coordination and assistance to county health departments to enforce state policies; and develop, implement and enforce local policies to address chronic disease prevention and risk factors such as those caused by tobacco use and obesity.
What’s in it for you?
You will be a critical influencer and decision maker in promoting best practices that support optimal health for all Oregonians. You will be eligible to apply for full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a professional health policy guru with a gift for communicating with a wide range of public and private agency representatives, legislators, the media and the public, then this job was made for you! Apply now!
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or a degree related to Public Health; AND four years of experience coordinating or administering a program related to Public Health;
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to seven years of experience coordinating or administering a program related to Public Health.
- Population-based public health assessment, policy development, intervention and evaluation.
- Health systems and health care insurer’s organizational structure and funding.
- Principles and practices of policy, environmental and systems change.
- Evidence-based approaches to address the prevention, early detection, and self-management of substance use disorder, chronic diseases and associated risk factors including tobacco use, excessive alcohol use, obesity, poor nutrition and lack of physical activity.
- Evaluate and recommend program priorities and strategies to achieve state program goals or to meet funding requirements.
- Translate program priorities into project management and communications plans.
- Develop promotional and communication plans designed to provide education on evidence informed policy solutions.
- Oversee and implement community programs, grants and contracts.
- Assure availability of financial, staff, and administrative resources needed to accomplish objectives.
- Provide guidance and oversight for grant and contract application processes and scope of program activities.
- Write technical reports.
- Apply economic and strategic decision-making.
- Communicate effectively with legislators, legislative or other public bodies with policy making authority; other high-level officials; department, agency, division or institution staff; representatives of professional organizations; citizens, citizen groups, the news media, other states; and other state, federal and municipal agencies.
- Facilitate and negotiate highly complex and large-scale collaborative relationships with and among state agencies, heath system leaders and members of local, state and national agencies, community organizations, employers and various OHA-PHD stakeholders.
- Represent the agency to local health officials, members of the news media, legislative bodies, and others.
- Must be able to access information from a variety of sources, including books, professional journals, computer programs, Internet, and through consultation with other experts.
Please visit the following link to complete the online application:
Substance Abuse Specialist Qmha Mental Health 204 Substance Abuse Specialist Qmha Mental Health 204 Substance Abuse Special, Telecare Corporation ;, United States, about 11 hours ago
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health ser...
Interim Assistant Director Spm, University of Oregon, United States, about 2 hours ago
Apply now Job no:522523 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Administrative/Professional, Business Administration/Management, Executive/Management/Director Departme...
Marketing And Pr Intern, MiaDonna and Company ;, United States, about 12 hours ago
MiaDonna is looking for a Marketing and PR Intern to help grow our online presence and public relations efforts. The ideal applicant will have a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape and...
Ignite Operator (11136) , KVAL ;, United States, about 12 hours ago
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most ...
Care Link Navigator, Cascade AIDS Project ;, United States, about 11 hours ago
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering all peop...
Web And Communications Coordinator, The Xerces Society ;, United States, about 11 hours ago
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING: The Web and Communications Coordinator works with the Director of Communications and Outreach to assist with implementation of the Xerces Society’s communications, outreach, ...