JOB CODE: OHA17-0419
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 10/08/17 11:59 PM
SALARY: $4,545.00 - $6,652.00 Monthly
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division, Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section in Portland, OR is searching for an analytical, community health focused, strategic, policy driven professional to fill the role of Health Promotion Policy Specialist to contribute to the program’s comprehensive, community-wide approach of helping people eat better, move more, live tobacco free and take better care of themselves.
What you will do!
You will evaluate health programs and recommend priorities to achieve state program goals and meet funding requirements. You will determine statewide policies, procedures and priorities consistent with the vision and mission of the Public Health Division and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You will recommend legislative concepts to address chronic disease prevention and contributing risk factors. In addition, you will provide strategic coordination and assistance to county health departments to enforce state policies; and develop, implement and enforce local policies to address chronic disease prevention and risk factors such as those caused by tobacco use and obesity.
What’s in it for you?
You will be a critical influencer and decision maker in promoting best practices that support optimal health for all Oregonians. You will be eligible to apply for full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a professional health policy guru with a gift for communicating with a wide range of public and private agency representatives, legislators, the media and the public, then this job was made for you! Apply now!
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or a degree related to Public Health; AND four years of experience coordinating or administering a program related to Public Health;
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to seven years of experience coordinating or administering a program related to Public Health.
- Population-based public health assessment, policy development, intervention and evaluation.
- Health systems and health care insurer’s organizational structure and funding.
- Principles and practices of policy, environmental and systems change.
- Evidence-based approaches to address the prevention, early detection, and self-management of substance use disorder, chronic diseases and associated risk factors including tobacco use, excessive alcohol use, obesity, poor nutrition and lack of physical activity.
- Evaluate and recommend program priorities and strategies to achieve state program goals or to meet funding requirements.
- Translate program priorities into project management and communications plans.
- Develop promotional and communication plans designed to provide education on evidence informed policy solutions.
- Oversee and implement community programs, grants and contracts.
- Assure availability of financial, staff, and administrative resources needed to accomplish objectives.
- Provide guidance and oversight for grant and contract application processes and scope of program activities.
- Write technical reports.
- Apply economic and strategic decision-making.
- Communicate effectively with legislators, legislative or other public bodies with policy making authority; other high-level officials; department, agency, division or institution staff; representatives of professional organizations; citizens, citizen groups, the news media, other states; and other state, federal and municipal agencies.
- Facilitate and negotiate highly complex and large-scale collaborative relationships with and among state agencies, heath system leaders and members of local, state and national agencies, community organizations, employers and various OHA-PHD stakeholders.
- Represent the agency to local health officials, members of the news media, legislative bodies, and others.
- Must be able to access information from a variety of sources, including books, professional journals, computer programs, Internet, and through consultation with other experts.
Please visit the following link to complete the online application:
Admissions Representative, Charter College, United States, about 13 hours ago
POSITION DESCRIPTION The Admissions Representative (AR) is responsible for handling all types of inquiries received by the college which include telephone, direct mail, and Internet. This admissi...