The Old Globe and University of San Diego Shiley Graduate Theatre Program seek a nationally recognized, dynamic, and visionary theatre artist to serve as Head of Movement for our two-year MFA training of 21st-century classically-based actors. This is an open rank position.
The Head of Movement is an experienced educator and industry practitioner who will teach movement courses and, under the Director of the Program, collaboratively lead the development of a new movement curriculum for the two years of study. Equality, Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity, Belonging, Accessibility, and Cultural Competency will be a top priority in this leader’s artistic and educational methods. Our success in committing to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equality has attracted classes of top-notch actors. We want to continue our mission of bringing such success to the diversity of our faculty. We look forward to meeting experienced BIPOC and underrepresented theatre-makers, educators, and artists who have considerable experience and knowledge of our current industry; have a vibrant curiosity of approaching the work from several aesthetics and techniques to expand the actor’s imagination and learning; and who are asking the questions of how we all move forward into the 21st-century.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following list is not exhaustive but rather an overview. Duties will be adjusted and assigned as needed to meet the Old Globe/USD Shiley Graduate Theatre Program goals.
- Works with the Program Director to frame the goals and values of the Movement curriculum and pedagogy concerning movement training and the actor's journey with text and imagination.
- Works with the Program Director to support movement faculty and engage in hiring discussions and identifying guest artists and coaches. Assists in the review of faculty and guest faculty syllabi to ensure they align with curricular goals.
- Head of Movement will teach multiple courses in movement and techniques for the program, mentor students throughout the year, and encourage future professional career development. Possible opportunities within the program to choreograph, fight/intimacy direction, and direct within the Shiley Graduate Theatre Program Season.
- Head of Movement is a core faculty member who will participate in all faculty meetings, retreats, and committees with an eye to students' overall progress and health, particularly in physical expressivity and development of the body with language.
- Visits rehearsals/run-throughs to monitor the work's progress in all two years of the training when necessary.
- Head of Movement upholds, attends, executes, contributes to, and supports the Old Globe/USD Shiley Graduate Theatre Program Artistic Social Justice Action Plan through teaching techniques, curriculum, and participating in mandatory and volunteer EDI Bystander Intervention training throughout the year. All core faculty attend program company calls and evaluations. Social Justice Action Plan
Dir. Of Enrollment Management Marketing & Comm., University of California, United States, about 21 hours ago
Recognized as one of the top 10 research universities worldwide, a culture of collaboration sparks discoveries that advance society and drive economic impact. Best practices, best people at the be...
Aquarium Technician, University of California, United States, about 20 hours ago
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 06/17/21 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Special Selection Applicants: Ap...
Director, Equitable And Inclusive Practices (Pre K 12 Sanford Education Center), National University System, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Summary: The Director, Equitable and Inclusive Practices is a key leadership role within National University System, specifically with the affiliate programs Harmony SEL, Inspire Teaching...
Physical Therapist I Physical Therapy, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, about 9 hours ago
Description Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking a Physical Therapist I to support the Physical Therapy Department, located at Naval Medical Center (NMCSD) in San Diego, California. HJF provides scie...
Assistant Athletic Director, Philanthropy, The California State University, United States, 22 days ago
Campus: San Diego Job ID: 500893 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 31, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: http...
Program Research And Development Manager, National University System, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Vice President Training and Development the Program and Implementation Manager assesses industry trends and makes recommendations for new and existing ...