Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position performs duties associated with the operation and maintenance of athletic fields and equipment. The incumbent directs and oversees purchasing, inventory, distribution and maintenance of athletic equipment, develops implements, and monitors the athletic equipment budget and supervises athletic equipment staff.
Examples of Work Performed
- Directs and oversees the purchasing, inventory, distribution, and maintenance of athletic equipment for the department.
- Ensures that purchases are made within state purchasing laws.
- Selects manufacturer for the purchase of equipment.
- Performs administrative duties associated with preparing items for purchases and payments.
- Orders athletic equipment and inspects equipment to ensure high quality.
- Stays abreast of athletic equipment and recommends the best brands.
- Acts as liaison with athletic companies to inform them of equipment needs.
- Performs routine security checks on athletic facilities.
- Schedules events for the Starnes Center.
- Supervises and organizes work schedules for equipment managers, maintenance staff, and student employees.
- Trains student employees on practice and game set-up, procedures for the equipment room, and distributing equipment.
- Monitors and schedules maintenance checks of laundry facilities to ensure laundry is completed in a timely manner and the equipment is running properly.
- Coordinates the fitting of football players’ equipment to prevent injuries.
- Monitors permanent checklist to ensure all equipment is available for athletic events.
- Plans and oversees budgets for athletic equipment, athletic fields and personnel.
- Forecasts the amount of equipment needed on a yearly basis.
- Organizes transportation for team and equipment.
- Ensures work unit is current on rule changes, NCAA, and University policies.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department, University, Southeastern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties. Knowledge of sports equipment and protective gear needs and uses related to student athletics
Incumbent must have a valid Driver’s License.
Must be eligible for certification with the Athletic Equipment Manager Association (AEMA) within 24 months of service.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Job Id: 43155), University of Louisville, United States, 25 days ago
Job ID: 43155 Location: undefined Minimum Qualifications Master's degree in athletic training, exercise science or closely related field and two years of post-baccalaureate athletic training exper...
Manager, On Campus Recruiting, Arizona State University, United States, 16 days ago
83843BR Campus: Tempe Manager SDA Admin Job Description Under general direction, Arizona State Football is seeking a Manager of On-Campus Recruiting Operations to assist in the development, implem...
Cdr Athletics Compliance, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
84304BR Campus: Tempe Cdr Athletics Compliance Job Description The Coordinator of Athletics Compliance is responsible for providing a high level of professional service by advising and educating A...
Academic Coach And Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, 11 days ago
83905BR Campus: Tempe CDR SDA Admin Job Description Sun Devil Athletics seek an Academic Coach who, under the general direction and supervision of the Associate Director, the incumbent is responsi...
Assistant Football Coach (Temporary), Department Of Athletics – Georgetown University, Georgetown University, United States, 1 day ago
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitmen...
Asst Athletic Trainer Women's Basketball, Arizona State University, United States, 22 days ago
83424BR Campus: Tempe Asst Athletic Trainer Job Description Under administrative direction, responsible for assisting in the operation of the Athletic Training facilities, as well as the direct me...