Apply now Job no:6475
Work type:Full Time
Location:Providence, Rhode Island
Categories:Staff/Administration, Calendar Year (12-Month), Athletics
Coaches, supervises and develops an intercollegiate varsity team, including in-season and off-season programming, in accordance with institutional and departmental objectives within the rules and regulations of the athletic governing bodies. Creates a competitive and fiscally responsible schedule of intercollegiate competition
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, strategizes and oversees all practices and scheduled contests to provide a positive and competitive experience for student athletes
- Develops a recruitment plan to identify and enroll student athletes that will create and sustain a successful, competitive athletic program
- Establishes team rules and protocols and implements appropriately
- Fosters the personal development and competitive spirit of the student athletes while supporting their educational experience
- Emphasizes and promotes academic progress, resulting in strong academic performance, retention and graduation rates
- Provides team supervision at all competitions. Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the team, the department, and the university
- Represents the university and team at all appropriate athletic events (e.g. competitions, conferences, and university sanctioned programs)
- Coordinates, develops, and oversees fundraising activities to supplement team expenses such as travel and team apparel
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget
- Supervises and develops the department staff, facilitating professional opportunities to improve individual capability and managing performance against job accountabilities, department goals and established university, campus and department policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Moderate amount of experience in coaching, collegiate playing or other related experience
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Advertised:11 Feb 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:Open until filled
Head Coach, Women's Basketball, Brown University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Description: Job Description - Head Coach of Women’s Basketball program with coaching, recruiting and administrative duties. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumnae and fr...
Manager, Annual Giving Programs, Rhode Island School of Design, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Summary As one of the three largest university art museums in the United States, the RISD Museum is a place for investigation, transformation and creative process. For artists, students, educa...
Human Resources Coordinator, Community College of Rhode Island, United States, about 10 hours ago
About CCRI: The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations...
Academic Affairs Program Specialist, Brown University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Description: The Academic Affairs Program Specialist works with the Provost and senior leadership in the Office of the Provost to advance the priorities of enhancing academic excellence, build...
Rounds Cook, Rhode Island School of Design, United States, 26 days ago
Job Summary RISD Dining + RISD * Caters is seeking several Rounds Cooks (both full- and part-time) to join its self-operated Dining Department. RISD Dining recognizes that food is not only a neces...
Health Educator & Prevention Coordinator, Rhode Island School of Design, United States, about 8 hours ago
Job Summary Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks a Health Educator and Prevention Coordinator who will work under the direction of the Executive Director of Integrated Health and Wellness. T...