Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for one of multiple vacancies of the same position.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s reality.
Under supervision from higher level supervisor, performs routine, grounds maintenance functions and/or general labor on all University of Cincinnati buildings and facilities.
- Perform general grounds keeping and/or maintenance worker functions (e.g., mow, trim and edge lawns; weed and water lawns and flower beds; trim trees, shrubs and bushes; seed and sod lawns; assist with planting shrubs and plants; under close supervision may apply pesticides to limited areas, etc.).
- Keep university grounds clean (e.g., pick up papers and other debris; operates a variety of equipment to clean sidewalks, steps, patios, and parking lots when necessary.)
- Perform routine laboring and maintenance duties when grounds keeping work has been completed. Functions may include, but are not limited to, removal of snow and ice from building walkways and steps, raking leaves, setting up chairs, tables, stages, and platforms and performing general custodial duties such as sweeping, and cleaning floors, cleaning windows and walls, loading and unloading trucks or vehicles, and repairing fences. Graffiti removal and power washing.
- May plant trees, shrubs, and other plants and fertilizes lawns, trees, shrubs, and plants.
- May perform general routine maintenance and/or minor repairs of grounds equipment (e.g., clean, paint, oil, sharpen) utilized within assigned work area.
- Maintain workspace conditions as prescribed by area.
- Upon request, reports to work during various inclement weather conditions and/or emergencies
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
High School Diploma/GED
Current valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Two (2) years of experience working in commercial grounds.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work outside in all-weather condition; work with potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals; exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, noise, and elements.
- Must be able to lift 60-100 pounds and be able to demonstrate full range of motion for bending, stooping, and lifting.
Shift: First Starting Pay Rate: $17.08 per hour Post Probationary Rate: $17.93 per hour
Application Deadline: 05/27/2022
Candidacy for this role will be determined by:
- A COMPLETE APPLICATION: Your application MUST indicate material evidence of having the experience, skills, or education required for this position. Document all dates of employment, description of relevant duties, and full-time/part-time status. The complete application will be the sole criteria used by Human Resources to determine eligibility, which is based on the minimum qualifications listed above.
- SUBJECTS AND WEIGHTS:
- TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Eligibility scores and rank will be determined by grading the applicant’s related work history and education.
- EXAMINATION: Application/resume will be reviewed by Human Resources to determine eligibility, which will be based on the minimum qualifications listed above. All qualifying applicants will be notified of the date and time of the written examination via email. Applicants that pass the written examination will be notified regarding next steps. All applicants must show valid photo identification to take the exam.
Do you have active passing test scores on file with HR for this job title? If you would like to qualify for this position using those test scores, upload a letter to the “Additional Documents” section stating your name, address, test score, exam date, and expiration date.
Please note that the preferred method of communication is by email – make sure we have an email on file that you regularly check.
Are you eligible to receive Ex-Veteran Credit? To receive additional credit for military service you must have a DD214 stating you received an Honorable Discharge and must send us a copy. To receive credit do one of the following:
- email a copy to email@example.com
- fax a copy to 513-556-9652
- bring a copy to our office - University Hall, 51 Goodman Drive, Suite 340 (third floor).
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary for this role as described above.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Health Education Coordinator Assoc/Ukhc, University of Kentucky, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Health Education Coordinator Assoc/UKHC Requisition Number RE34562 Working Title EIS Health Education Coordinator Associate Department Name H5001: Pharmac...
Health Education Coordinator/Ukhc, University of Kentucky, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Health Education Coordinator/UKHC Requisition Number RE34546 Working Title EIS Health Education Coordinator Department Name H5001: Pharmacy Services- KIRP...
Epa Perfluorinated Alkyl Substances (Pfas) Analyses In Drinking Water Co Op Internship: Ohio, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States, 7 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)LocationCincinnati, OhioJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryTBDLast Date ...