Primary Function: The Grounds Crewperson is responsible for keeping the outside appearance of the university clean and presentable. General duties include lawn care, landscaping and snow removal.
- Maintains lawns using mowers (push and riding), edger, and weed whackers.
- Trims trees and hedges using chainsaws, hedge cutters, and loppers.
- Fertilizes lawns and performs general pest control (sprays trees and lawns with pesticide and weed killers).
- Removes leaves, trash, and other debris from parking lots, lawns, and sidewalks.
- Maintains lawn sprinkler system by checking for and repairing leaks and replacing sprinkler heads.
- Plants and replants flower and lays mulch in designated areas.
- Cleans drains and gutters.
- Removes snow from parking lots, streets, and sidewalks using front end loaders, snow blowers, shovels, and tractor plows.
- Assist Maintenance Crew as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance and u-keep on all grounds equipment and tools (changes belts and oil, sharpens blades).
- Empties exterior trashcans and empties recycle bins.
- Loads and unloads trucks using forklifts.
- Assists with office moves.
- Cleans drains and gutters.
- Mixes and pours concrete to maintain and repair sidewalks.
- Repairs minor pot holes in roads.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in lawn/grounds maintenance required.
- Previous grounds experience using power mowers and tools, required.
- Knowledge of landscaping preferred.
- Ability to work independently, but as part of team concept.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail with the ability to ensure quality work.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, occasionally lift up to 100lbs
- Works outside with exposure to all types of weather
- Constant bending, kneeling, crouching, and walking (67% or more of the time)
- Will be on-call for evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Property Maintenance Worker, Harvard University, United States, 19 days ago
10-Nov-2023 Campus Services 64268BR Job Summary Energy & Facilities (E&F) operates and manages Harvard’s energy supplies, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures on the Cambridge/Allst...
Groundskeeper Lead Polytechnic Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 5 days ago
97039BR Campus: Polytechnic Groundskeeper Lead Job Description Facilities Management, Polytechnic campus, seeks a Groundskeeper Lead to lead Groundskeepers in the maintenance of grounds and ground...
Groundskeeper Maintenance Ii, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Groundskeeper-Maintenance II Greensburg Facilities Management - Pennsylvania-Greensburg - (23008446) Responsible for the general and craft maintenance of the residence halls, operation of Universi...
Lab Assistant Nursing Simulation Centre, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location - Work prima...
Grounds Equipment Operator 2, Facilities Management [R0139761], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 1 day ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Grounds Equipment Operator 2, Facilities Management [R0139761] ROLE of the POSITION Grounds Equipment Operators operate a variety of ga...
Custodian A, Harvard University, United States, 16 days ago
15-Nov-2023 Campus Services 64201BR Job Summary Facilities Maintenance Operations (FMO) offers building &landscape maintenance, and custodial services to Harvard faculties and departments on a fee...