Job TitleGraphic Designer II
AgencyTexas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
DepartmentMarketing and Communications
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
About Texas A&M AgriLife: Texas A&M AgriLife is dedicated to improving the lives of Texans through education, research, and service. Our team serves the diverse communities of Texas, providing critical information, resources, and solutions. As part of our dynamic Marketing and Communications team, we are seeking a Graphic Designer II to contribute to our mission.
Position Overview: As a Graphic Designer II at Texas A&M AgriLife, you will play a pivotal role in our full-scale marketing and communications initiatives. You will collaborate with a diverse, talented team responsible for promoting and supporting the various programs, services, and research within Texas A&M AgriLife.
- Creating visually appealing graphics, illustrations, and layouts for various marketing materials using Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva and other tools as appropriate.
- Designing eye-catching promotional materials such as brochures, flyers, posters, and banners.
- Developing and maintaining consistent branding and design standards.
- Collaborating with the team to conceptualize and execute marketing campaigns.
- Designing digital assets for online advertising and social media, including web and social graphics.
- Producing multimedia content, such as infographics and video graphics.
- Creating visually engaging email campaigns and newsletters.
- Designing and updating website elements, including landing pages and product/service pages.
- Collaborating with copywriters to ensure visual and textual elements align.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions to generate creative ideas.
- Staying updated on design trends and tools to maintain a fresh and modern look.
- Handling multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
- Assisting with photography and image selection for marketing materials.
- Preparing print-ready files and coordinating with print vendors when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Design, Fine Arts, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience in graphics design, web development, print and electronic media, marketing or related design field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work cooperatively with others with a mindset of constant improvement
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and team cross-training
- Balance multiple projects and deadlines. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience creating Canva templates
- Excellent typesetting and layout skills
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to proof copy and contribute to marketing copywriting
- Experience using project management systems, especially Asana
- Front end WordPress layout and design, using Genesis blocks
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Communications Manager, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Communications Manager Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Turbomachinery Laboratory Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descr...
Data Analyst, TTI, United States, 12 days ago
Job Title Data Analyst Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Interdisciplinary Analysis Program Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Des...
Research Associate, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 20 days ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Biomedical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Executive Director Of Finance, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Executive Director of Finance Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Epo Asst. Dean For Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff J...
Undergraduate Academic Advising Coordinator, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Undergraduate Academic Advising Coordinator Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Advising Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas...
Proposal Administrator I, TTI, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Proposal Administrator I Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Research Development Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Jo...